Wrestling Forum banner

Should TNA try to sign Edge?

3K views 32 replies 30 participants last post by  Wrestling02370 
#1 ·
I think he could become a great color commentator or maybe he could manage a wrestler?

#2 ·
I knew this was coming and the answer is no. TNA has the best roster in the world right now and hiring a guy just for the sake of it will add nothing to the new long term business model that TNA are building towards.

#4 ·
Can't wait for someone to say "NO! he would destroy his legacy!"

#9 ·
I wouldnt have thought so from the fact he cant physically do anything ring wise, the way he talks about the end of his career on his dvd, he doesn't seem to miss it. I wouldn't guess to see back in the wrestling world in any capacity any time soon, not counting a small mic promo here and there.

#14 ·
They should just to piss off hardcore WWE fans :lmao

#15 ·
I'm sure they've called him, but Edge won't do it. His wrestling career is over and the WWE will give him spots to do from time to time, so he's pretty secure over there. Its the same reason someone like Trish Stratus would never go to TNA. She had her run. She's going to be in the Hall of Fame, and she can come back whenever she wants for DVDs & guest spots.

#19 ·
I'm sure they've called him, but Edge won't do it. His wrestling career is over and the WWE will give him spots to do from time to time, so he's pretty secure over there. Its the same reason someone like Trish Stratus would never go to TNA. She had her run. She's going to be in the Hall of Fame, and she can come back whenever she wants for DVDs & guest spots.
Edge is already in the HOF, though, so he has nothing to lose. That said, I really don't see it happening.

#16 ·
Edge's act has been stale for YEARS. I hate the fact that he hasn't stayed off TV and keeps coming back. Its not exciting or fun. He should not be in the WWE HOF either (but then again that could be said for a lot of people). At the end of the day I don't care of the guy and the last thing TNA needs is to be EVEN MORE like WWE.

#20 ·
Edge is/(was?) a really fine talent.

That said, I doubt this is even worth speculating about. It seems unlikely Adam would risk burning bridges for future WWE appearances for the sake of TNA.

More authority figures aren't going to be difference makers for TNA anyway.

#23 ·
What kind of dumb question is this? The real question is can they sign him, and we all know the answer to that. Of course not. Edge is finished with wrestling. He's not like Kurt Angle or Ric Flair going past his time with WWE because WWE made him quit or something. Unless Edge is just saying that and has some demons inside keeping him wanting to do more matches there should be no reason why what he said was not how he truly feels. Besides he can just make shit loads of money doing non wrestling stuff for WWE on his own time.

#26 ·
Edge- no, he can't wrestle anymore, TNA (and Spike) already have to pay the RVDs, Flairs and Hogans so having Edge unnecessarily added to the wage bill for the sake of him being there is not a good idea.

Goldberg- ffs NO!! He's been irrelevant to pro wrestling since 2004, he's 46 years old. The only notable things he's been in was that dumb racing show where people drove their own cars and a few appearances on the Celebrity Apprentice. He's pro-wrestling irrelevant, socially irrelevant and would want too much money. And he would be a big waste of money. And anyone who thinks the guy is a draw in 2012 is clearly delusional.

#31 ·
Corner :lmao

They should not. They should focus on building stars they have and if they bring in anyone bring in some fresher guys from the indies that they can build new characters/feuds/stories with in the ring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.