Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
380 Posts
I knew this was coming and the answer is no. TNA has the best roster in the world right now and hiring a guy just for the sake of it will add nothing to the new long term business model that TNA are building towards.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Can't wait for someone to say "NO! he would destroy his legacy!"

·
Premium Member
5,351 Posts
I don't think it would destroy his legacy, but I also don't think he would go. Sure, he's having contract problems with WWE, but he also doesn't really need the money in the first place, and I doubt he's on BAD terms with WWE because of it.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It would cost a lot of money to bring in Edge, and although I'm sure he'd do well in a non-wrestling role, I don't think it would be worth the investment.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yes yes yes yes! If Possible TNA should do it, its Edge, He would be one of the biggest stars in the company, can cut an amazing Promo... Would be epic

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Even if he would do it (which isn't the case): For what?! For cutting a promo here and there and earning a shitload of money?

TNA should resign Christian. Edge would be a waste of money.

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts
I wouldnt have thought so from the fact he cant physically do anything ring wise, the way he talks about the end of his career on his dvd, he doesn't seem to miss it. I wouldn't guess to see back in the wrestling world in any capacity any time soon, not counting a small mic promo here and there.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I wouldnt have thought so from the fact he cant physically do anything ring wise, the way he talks about the end of his career on his dvd, he doesn't seem to miss it. I wouldn't guess to see back in the wrestling world in any capacity any time soon, not counting a small mic promo here and there.
Having him under contract and doing P.R. would be the one thing TNA could use.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
But OP, if Edge wanted to do any of that stuff he would go and do it in the WWE. I mean they could try, but it would take a LOT to shift him from the WWE.
Can't wait for someone to say "NO! he would destroy his legacy!"
"NO! he would destroy his legacy!"

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
But OP, if Edge wanted to do any of that stuff he would go and do it in the WWE. I mean they could try, but it would take a LOT to shift him from the WWE.

"NO! he would destroy his legacy!"

If TNA eventually gets him, I'm 100% for team canada 2.0 with roode and edge as manager.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
They should just to piss off hardcore WWE fans :lmao

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
I'm sure they've called him, but Edge won't do it. His wrestling career is over and the WWE will give him spots to do from time to time, so he's pretty secure over there. Its the same reason someone like Trish Stratus would never go to TNA. She had her run. She's going to be in the Hall of Fame, and she can come back whenever she wants for DVDs & guest spots.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Edge's act has been stale for YEARS. I hate the fact that he hasn't stayed off TV and keeps coming back. Its not exciting or fun. He should not be in the WWE HOF either (but then again that could be said for a lot of people). At the end of the day I don't care of the guy and the last thing TNA needs is to be EVEN MORE like WWE.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm sure they've called him, but Edge won't do it. His wrestling career is over and the WWE will give him spots to do from time to time, so he's pretty secure over there. Its the same reason someone like Trish Stratus would never go to TNA. She had her run. She's going to be in the Hall of Fame, and she can come back whenever she wants for DVDs & guest spots.
Edge is already in the HOF, though, so he has nothing to lose. That said, I really don't see it happening.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
Edge is/(was?) a really fine talent.

That said, I doubt this is even worth speculating about. It seems unlikely Adam would risk burning bridges for future WWE appearances for the sake of TNA.

More authority figures aren't going to be difference makers for TNA anyway.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts