Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO they desperately need to do this...first it was the legends championship...then it was the global championship...now it's the freakin television championship...i'm sorry but saying "i'm the tna television champion" just doesn't have any luster...they need to make this belt important...make it an equal to wwe's intercontinental belt...your thoughts on this and maybe some name ideas?

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
They've already renamed it twice. I can live with TV Title.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
The TV title name is alright if you ask me. It's not the first company with the television title name look at ECW and WCW. Both of those companies had a television championship. It's just an average mid-card title (if that for TNA). No real reason to constantly change the name for it. And going into the TV title history in general ECW's was just as good as their world championship. WCW's was pretty average, but still it's alright.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
I don't mind the TNA Title but knowing TNA.. I wouldn't be suprized if they changed the name to the -

TNA Defend it when we can be arsed to book you in a match Championship.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I would have agreed with you a month ago but now it is actually being defended on TV every week there is no need to change it. They just now need to give someone a credible reign and actual feuds to be built around wanting the belt

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
The Intercoastinental championship.

While they're at it, KOTM could become a PPV called "Money in the mountain". Instead of a suitcase, it's just a big cardboard cutout of Hogan's face that is of higher value than the actual World championship.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Must say I'm not a huge fan of the name. It's dated and it sounds kind of ridiculous.

I still think that the x-division title and TV title should be merged and then replaced with a true secondary title. Call it the North American championship or the Atlantic Championship or something like that. The x-division, especially since the weight limit was introduced has just become a hindrance to the company in my opinion. I think the mid-card guys would benefit a lot more from the structure that an all encompassing secondary title would bring.

Considering the TV title has no real prestige (though I think they have been booking it better recently) and the x-division title has the weight limit. There is no real prestigious secondary title in the company for the mid-card guys to fight for.

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
TNA should get rid of that ugly belt and design and introduce a US title. It would give guys like Anderson, Pope, Joe, Crimson, Morgan, AJ a belt to go for other than waiting there turn for the World Title.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
TNA should get rid of that ugly belt and design and introduce a US title. It would give guys like Anderson, Pope, Joe, Crimson, Morgan, AJ a belt to go for other than waiting there turn for the World Title.
No. If they introduce a US Title than they would get deeply sued by WWE for copyright.

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
Now that its going to be defended like a real tv belt every week.Its going to become the most legit belt . Does not need a name change until all the belts get changed to IW.Then they should just have a self company championship defending belt.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I think it's fine as it is. Like others have said, it's a great thing that they're going to have it defended on every show. That adds to importance right there.

Also, Devon is an awesome champion it has to be said. I don't know how it happened, but Devon's over as fuck.

·
Registered
990 Posts
They should just get rid of it.

Defending the TV title every week on Impact is just an excuse to throw some random match into their show. It's not going to build a star. Take Bully Ray and Devon as examples. Devon is the one who's won the TV title but Bully Ray is by far the more successful member of the team. The TV title will continue to do fuck all for any wrestler's career.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
People complain about the Legends & Global title, so they change it to the TV Title.

People then complain it's not defended often enough, so they eventually make a rule where it's defended every single week.

Now people complain about the title's name and the constant defenses being stupid or meaningless.

I just don't understand sometimes...

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
People complain about the Legends & Global title, so they change it to the TV Title.

People then complain it's not defended often enough, so they eventually make a rule where it's defended every single week.

Now people complain about the title's name and the constant defenses being stupid or meaningless.

The title has finally been made to look like a credible midcard title but its just too late the title is meaningless they should replace it with a fresh midcard title and give it to someone like Jeff Jarrett

·
Registered
859 Posts

I guess its just a minority but I agree with you, haters gotta hate

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
No, TNA finally has made the right choice with this Title by having it defended every week on Impact. Therefore it now has the fitting name.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
how about the IW Defunct Title, just for the sake of comedy

the title in the first place was just props for certain characters, they don't even have spots in the Feast or Fired Match

1. We already have the roh tv title. 2. Nearly all the wrestlers that held it are mediocre at best, TNA knew it which is why it got put on the backburner for so long

I like how it's defended every week because its different if not just simular to the WWE hardcore title, but it should really be tv exclusive anyway, hence the name and it is still a title belt, not just a prop AMIRITE?

chances are you are getting mixed reactions from different people every time

No. If they introduce a US Title than they would get deeply sued by WWE for copyright.
they can't freaking copyright things like that can they?! What about the Boxing US title or Kickboxing or an MMA US title for that matter?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I can see why people had complaints before about how the title's been booked, but right now it's been booked perfectly. TV Title defended every week on TV - that's exactly how it should be so there's no reason to complain. Not even about Devon being the champion because he's over as hell, is putting on good matches and clearly cares about his career (much like Ray)

Also I don't think WWE can put a trademark on something like the "United States Championship", but I wouldn't be surprised really. Seems a little far-fetched to me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts