Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mtv is availible in more markets then spike and that will actually give them an increase in viewership.I show how don't see tna growing as a company on spike being that they are spikes highest rated show.Just speaking on a "what if".

Positives:

• Tna will be able to be seen in more homes.
• Ratings increase.
• They will be able to prove that they are a big time promotion.
• Possible increase in ppv buys
• Mtv is a popular network.

Negatives:

• Possible decrease in ratings the first couple of months.
• Possibly moving to a different night.
• People not knowing they moved.
• loosing the consistant ratings.
• not having the network support they had with spike.

I'm sure that in the end the positives will out weigh the negatives.If they moved to mtv they would to step up their game and trim alot of fat which includes russo.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Well all this would assume that MTV would want TNA, which looking at their current programs would be a no. They didn't support that Lucha Libre USA or whatever group that was/is on MTV2 so why would they want this?

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Is there a news article or rumor that says they do? If they did (yeah right), then since it's a Viacom owned network they could just move it. But they dont.
Vise versa. Stranger things have happened.

·
Administrator
59,004 Posts
MTV is a horrible network. Moving the show to that network means dealing with a different kind of viewership and audience. While that young audience may work for TNA (if they like wrestling), I think it would make the company look even more second rate by putting their main show on MTV of all places.

Then we get to see more MTV reality stars on TNA. Great.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Wow, "you can't prove that this isn't going to happen so it might happen" being used as an argument for something you basically pulled out of thin air. Seriously? And people genuinely don't understand the entertainment value of the people who post in this section?

If I actually have to reference the original topic, no. It'd make TNA look even more bush-league/ carni and probably set them back more than ut them forward. The last wrestling show on MTV was WSX, we saw how insanely successful that was.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
No, Once the deal with Spiketv is over in December 2012 TNA will have no tv network and spiketv will have all the power to buy the company from the caters family..

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
mtv has a history of dropping shows even when they are doing well.. wrestling society x was getting 1.2s i believe and they canned the show. i dont think a wrestling show fits into what they are trying to promote. spike tv.... even though owned by the same people as mtv... is a better fit for tna.. as of right now. with spike tv losing ufc... and the channel taking a rumored new direction........ then i think maybe tna should find a new home...... but NOT on mtv.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
So which channel do people think TNA should be on, I'm not American so don't no much about the American TV market, what's Digital Terrestrial like in the US, is it as big as it is in the UK, Whats its coverage, how many homes can recieve it, what channels are available.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Try sensical booking to increase viewership.
And bingo was his name-o.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts