Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I don't think the idea of women main eventing a show should be off limits , but there would have to be good build behind the match , with good wrestlers in the match , and preferably in a ridiculous sort of match type

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
lol at the christopher walken in tna pic thats awesome dude.

the knockouts have main evented in the past a time or 2. i agree if there is good build up to it, it can be a good thing. it would probably help the division a bit more if they found a way to do that here in the near future as well. maybe have madison go ape shit since tara is champ and whatnot and build it up over a couple weeks where she just snaps and they do some special match like 2/3 falls or last woman standing etc... i think thats what they did with kong and kim if i remember but it works cause it gives them plenty of time to decimate each other lol

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Would be better than that jobber Tommy Dreamer, who has main evented way too many Impacts during his short time in TNA..

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
If the match warrants a main event, why not? Unfortunately for TNA, the last Knockouts match that was main event-worthy was Gail Kim-Awesome Kong - and that seems like ages ago.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
When the KO division was good, then maybe main event an Impact. These current crappy wrestlers aside from the three never on tv should barely get 30 seconds on tv let alone main event.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If they rehire Gail Kim--- YES!!! Right now..I can't see it. In 2007-2008 TNA had a strong women's divsion. One that was much better than WWE's. Now they are about the same. TNA also used to know who to push and who not to push. Not true ever sense the divsion became the Beautiful people Show. The best Knockouts in the compnay (wrestling skills-wise) would be Hamada and Sarita and they never seem to make it on TV. After them i would put Taylor and Daffney. Lacy, Madison, Velvet and Angelina get most of the TV time and they are some of the least talented women on the roster. It is no different then WWE having Gail Kim and Jillian Hall (IMHO the only truely great women's matches 2010 have been between Gail and Jillian and have been on SuperStars) yet not putting them on TV and ramming Eve, McCool, The Bellas and Alicia Fox down our gullets. Right now i think WWE has a better roster but it is only because it is bigger...not that it booked better. The booking for both the KO's and the divas is sad

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
Yeah Lita Mainevented RAW twice, Both times winning the WWE Womens Championship. At the moment i don't see the KO's maineventing, a Match like Sarita/Hamada would be a solid womens main event.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
yes, in tna the knockouts should main event. the knockouts are drawing some of the highest ratings in the company. so why not..cant be any worse than the main event breakdown atings that they are getting now. so, take a shot.

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
I think it should only main event if it was on a big level like Kim/Kong was but since that period there hasnt been enough good KO matches to warrant the main event slot imo.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
They did it very successfully with Kim and Kong but, ultimately, the boys' noses get out of joint when you give women TV time. Hence why the division has been "buried".

·
Registered
118 Posts
yes, absolutely!

gail kim vs awsome kong was a main event.

angelina vs tara should have been a main event, but wasn't.

mickie james vs tara could be a main event too.

i think about once or twice per year would be ok, if it was warranted. and i dont mean the title should change hands everytime.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts