Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
news sites say The live episodes of iMPACT! Wrestling will end on August 23, a week later than planned. TNA got Spike TV to agree to one extra week as it will work better with their taping schedule.
The plan all along was for iMPACT! to go live for the summer and there is no word on if they will do so on more permanent basis.

Should TNA pressure Soike to keep Impact Wrestling live?

Do you think if ratings go up Spike will reconsider?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Live is a great thing and the show is better with it, but its not #1 priority. TNA have an amazing product but people don't know about it, they need to spend more on advertising and market their product better, shove Jeff Hardy, RVD, Angle, Anderson all the WWE wrestlers in the adverts, but don't change the current tv product because its brilliant at the moment!

But to the point, yeah TNA should pressurise

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
They're just getting fucked soon by the NFL. They should move to Fridays and start Friday Night Wars or something.

·
Registered
859 Posts
They're just getting fucked soon by the NFL. They should move to Fridays and start Friday Night Wars or something.
No way! Friday is dead day! But going 1-1 with Smackdown is a nice idea... because if you compared the 2 products side by side, viewers could hopefully tell which show is far superior

·
Banned
911 Posts
im ok with the live shows ending and bringing live shows back next summer too and just keep doing it this way.

·
The Definition of Excellence
1,554 Posts
I actually find myself watching iMPACT every week now that it's been live. It needs to stay that way.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts
So far the ratings don't seem to show enough importance to push for it to become live for good. It's a bit early to say yet for sure though.

The live shows should allow for better creative situation reaction. Though permanently doing so would also scuttle any possibility of it being a novelty in the future.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Hopefully they will.

The lack of spoilers is interesting, the wrestlers seem fired up and the IZ crowd (for a long time one of the biggest downsides of TNA) also seem lively and excited to be there. As long as the crowd is active there is far less pressure for them to get out of the IZ.

They do need to work on their timing, though. The first live episode felt rushed, as did last week's. Then again, I suppose they had a lot to get through what with BFG AND OFN.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts