Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to see some of the Japanese stars in TNA again. Provided they're used right and treated as major accusations. TNA World Heavyweight Champion vs IWGP World Heavyweight Champion would be a great main event for a PPV. Imagine Angle vs Tanahashi? Or Devitt vs Aries? Liger would be amazing in the X Division.

There so much potential considering TNA has a working relationship with them, I feel like it's going to waste. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Angle/Tanahashi already happened i think

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Knowing them, they would make Prince Devitt or Kenny Omega turn into a comedy geek with Eric Young. If they did not have creative that was mentally retarded, I would be all for it.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I agree they should be using NJPW talent but every time they have, they job out the NJPW guys.I know everyone is over invasion/take over factions but id like to see an NJPW invades TNA angle in the future.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Perhaps eventually, but not right now.

Short term, they need to focus on better utilizing the talent they have. IOW, make corrections backstage. Otherwise bringing in more people is largely going to be a waste.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I want to see Bad Intentions DESTROY Mexican't America.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Aries v Devitt? Man that would be amazing (assuming Aries isnt in A Double mode). I think TNA should do that sort of stuff because WWE is caught in its own bubble but TNA can do and should do that sort of stuff with talent sharing. Like was it the World X cup where they had dragon gate guys and stuff. TNA should do that. Make it an annual ppv or something.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
No thank you, Vince Russo has no clue how to book good japanese talent.

Then again after hearing his moronic xenophobic diatribe how japanese and mexican wrestlers could never get over in the US and how he's american and he only wants to see other americans it's no wonder international talent can't catch a break in TNA

Then again Russo has no clue how to book that american talent he's so fond of either.

Let's just leave the uneducated fuck head to ruin the careers of wrestlers in one country and leave Japan out of this.

·
Premium Member
5,901 Posts
They should have done an invasion from the orient a few years ago. This should have promptly followed Robert Roode’s push to the top alongside Samoa Joe and AJ Styles, and MEM’s destruction at the hands of the aforementioned trio. It would be irrelevant now.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
No thank you, Vince Russo has no clue how to book good japanese talent.

Then again after hearing his moronic xenophobic diatribe how japanese and mexican wrestlers could never get over in the US and how he's american and he only wants to see other americans it's no wonder international talent can't catch a break in TNA

Then again Russo has no clue how to book that american talent he's so fond of either.

Let's just leave the uneducated fuck head to ruin the careers of wrestlers in one country and leave Japan out of this.
hes right about the Japanese talent not getting over here though. when was the last time that happened? if ever

·
Registered
851 Posts
hes right about the Japanese talent not getting over here though. when was the last time that happened? if ever
Probably when the Great Muta went against Sting back in the NWA days.

I mean it is a shame what happens to Japanese talent on major western wrestling promotions.

·
Registered
225 Posts
They kind of missed the boat on when to do that.

It's too bad TNA screwed Joe and kicked him out of the Main Event by late 2008. If they'd kept the belt on him for longer, or if they'd brought in some New Japan talent during his run as champion...

It would have been AMAZING to see a Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe match back in the day.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Muta was over.

There were times Tajiri was over.

Liger when he was here was over.

When used right Ultimo Dragon was over.

Masato Tanaka was super over in ECW.

Does Yocozuna count? I know he's samoan but he was sold to us as Japanese so I think he counts.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Muta was over.

There were times Tajiri was over.

Liger when he was here was over.

When used right Ultimo Dragon was over.

Masato Tanaka was super over in ECW.

Does Yocozuna count? I know he's samoan but he was sold to us as Japanese so I think he counts.
Really Muta and Masato are the only two I'd count there.

Remember Ultimo's WWE run? I wouldnt be suprised if you didnt.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
To be fair They don't have a chance to get over because no major american wrestling promotion gives them any sort of opportunity to do it,its not just TNA WWE and WCW rarely give/gave them a storyline/push/credible character e.t.c

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
yes, specifically MVP. He still has a good few years left in him, has a great unique look, is decent in the ring and charismatic as hell.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I doubt NJPW will be interested this time. Unlike the last time they worked with TNA, NJPW has recovered very nicely from the economy, and i think 2010 was their best year of the past decade financially. There is no way they are going to send over guys like Tanahashi to get misbooked by Russo again. Maybe they will be willing to send over some rookies, but after we saw what happened to Okada, even that isnt certain.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I would love to see it, even if they just bring over some talent to re-vitalize a couple of divisions, especially the tag team division.

Bring over Bad Intentions, Apollo 55 and Kota Ibushi and Kenny Omega. Omega/Devitt are more than capable of carrying their teams in short segments where they need to speak while Ibushi and Taguchi have the ability to get themselves over with their in-ring ability.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts