Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should there be wrestlers that just can't beat others? What I mean is this. In sports, and in life in general there is always going to be that guy, or woman you just can't beat ever, or at least very often. Take for example myself, I've never defeated my father in a game of chess. Don't know why, I have beaten Chess Club presidents, members, etc...

I think wrestling is lacking that in their product. For me that takes away a little bit of the seriousness, or credibility. Makes it less entertaining. Often I feel as though if the WWE were able to slowly introduce this in to their writings, we could have a much more entertaining product.

Taker should never defeat Sheamus, HHH should never defeat Wade Barrett, and Cena should never defeat Punk from here on in.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Austin never beat Bret Hart.

The problem with your idea is the build of someone never beating someone else would always need the pay off of them overcoming the odds and winning.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Should there be wrestlers that just can't beat others? What I mean is this. In sports, and in life in general there is always going to be that guy, or woman you just can't beat ever, or at least very often. Take for example myself, I've never defeated my father in a game of chess. Don't know why, I have beaten Chess Club presidents, members, etc...

I think wrestling is lacking that in their product. For me that takes away a little bit of the seriousness, or credibility. Makes it less entertaining. Often I feel as though if the WWE were able to slowly introduce this in to their writings, we could have a much more entertaining product.

Taker should never defeat Sheamus, HHH should never defeat Wade Barrett, and Cena should never defeat Punk from here on in.

Maybe you're just better than the people at chess club, but worse than your father?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Yeah Cena shouldn't be able to beat Punk, that makes total sense^^. You just wanna protect your Favorites.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Dreamer could never beat Raven for ages until he finally did. It's hard to pull off that type of angle well, that's why it doesn't really happen too much.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seriously? Did you even read what I said? I already addressed the idea of how often if at all you lose to that "particular" wrestler. Some may never be beaten by that one wrestler, or their odds aren't in their favor most of the time. Meaning that there may be "rare" times when a victory is '"earned", or "accomplished". This is something that I feel could do a ton for the product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts