Wrestling Forum banner

Should the WWE unify the WHC and the WWE Championship?

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I don't think they should. Why? Because they are the top dog on the block, they have the most money and more often than not they have the most talented wrestlers in the industry. IMO 3 belts just aren't enough for the amount of wrestlers they have. I like it just the way it is. And yes I agree like most people that the booking for the WHC has been pretty terrible over the past couple of years, but it that a reason to get rid of it? No, because that can be fixed. Anyways, what do yall think?

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Personally I don't think they should. Why? Because they are the top dog on the block, they have the most money and more often than not they have the most talented wrestlers in the industry. IMO 3 belts just aren't enough for the amount of wrestlers they have. I like it just the way it is. And yes I agree like most people that the booking for the WHC has been pretty terrible over the past couple of years, but it that a reason to get rid of it? No, because that can be fixed. Anyways, what do yall think?
:clap

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
The WHC division needs a boost big time,but WWE doesn't seem to want to give them one. But if the WHC goes, then WWE will only have the WWE title picture with any story behind it. And no WHC means the belt is gone too!

I wouldn't mind the titles being unified, if the IC title became more prestigious because of it(so we could see something like Orton vs Punk for the IC title) and the WWE title was the WHC design but modified to say WWE on it.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Never liked 2 world titles, 1 great achievement, 1 great champion, that's how it should be, been wanting this since they started the having 2 different champions permanently which was in September 2002, since 2002 I've been wanting one champion,

that is 11 years and a month, time to do it already.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
The WHC is kind of like a lesser version of what the IC title was 10-15 years.

Last time a WHC match main evented a PPV? Without looking I think it was Breaking Point 2009. It's not building stars and it's not a big deal anymore. The WHC has been a joke or an after thought most of the time since Swagger cashed in.

Unify those bitches. This also automatically makes the IC and US title mean more.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
More wrestlers makes the WWE World Title even MORE prestigious and isn't really a good reason to have two World Titles, IMO.

There's only ONE Royal Rumble winner.

There's only ONE WrestleMania main event.

And also, in 2013, there's realistically only ONE real world title, and that's the WWE Title. Even when Punk was under Cena, it was still worth more than the WHC.

Yeah, Cena could win the WHC, which would elevate the belt, but the main storyline centers around the WWE Title and if Cena wins the WHC and gets involved in that, then we're going to have two belts in one angle and ultimately, one of those championships is going to be more important.

I don't mind the idea of two secondary titles. Wrestling organizations have had those for decades, but there should be only ONE top guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts