Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a recent radio interview featuring former WWE star & MMA icon Ken Shamrock, the world's most dangerous man stated that he indeed would like to return to the world of pro wrestling with either the WWE or TNA. Ken Shamrock did make some history during his time in the then-WWF. He was the first MMA star to crossover to pro wrestling/sports entertainment. He debuted in the WWF in 1997 during the pre-attitude era going through the attitude era until he left the WWF after his feud with Chris Jericho in '99.

Ken Shamrock is:

-A former IC champion
-A former tag team champion (w/o the late Big Boss Man)
-A former King of the Ring in 1998

Ken Shamrock was a bonafied main eventer in the attitude era, but Stone Cold Steve Austin had the number one spot locked back then. But now with Shamrock having a desire to return to a wrestling ring. Should the WWE sign Ken Shamrock to a legends deal? I mean what does the E have to lose at this point?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Ken Shamrock was a bonafied main eventer in the attitude era
Were you even watching back then? Because no he fucking wasn't.

He's nearly 50, isn't really a big enough star & he's been away for too long to have any sort of great impact. Have him as a surprise Rumble entrant or something if he's still in fighting shape, but beyond that I don't see much else for him to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Were you even watching back then? Because no he fucking wasn't.

He's nearly 50, isn't really a big enough star & he's been away for too long to have any sort of great impact. Have him as a surprise Rumble entrant or something if he's still in fighting shape, but beyond that I don't see much else for him to do.
He was in the corporation which was a huge part of the story-line in the 90's. Golddust has returned with some credibility (although it's mainly about cody) I don't see why Shamrock couldn't make an impact and put someone over. :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
He was in the corporation which was a huge part of the story-line in the 90's. Golddust has returned with some credibility (although it's mainly about cody) I don't see why Shamrock couldn't make an impact and put someone over. :D
Goldust has remained an active competitor, he's returned to the WWE a lot over the years, as well as working for TNA & his character is instantly recognisable. Plus he's got the strong family connection with Cody being hot right now & Dusty being the legend that he is.

Shamrock doesn't have any of that. He hasn't wrestled a match in about ten years & isn't really relevant to the WWE, who should (apart from a few exceptions) be looking at pushing new talent not constantly roping in anyone & everyone from the past on big bucks part time deals.(WCW tried that business model & they went bust)

I'm not knocking Shamrock, he was one of my favourites for a period in the 90's, but he's had his day & I don't see him coming back.

·
Contemplate or Procrastinate?
127 Posts
Quite honestly no because there is little they could do with him if he returned because in my opinion in the year 2013 he lacks the name power to potentially bring money in via PPV whilst in his earlier run he was generally an upper midcarder rather than a fully fledge main eventer therefore in a kayfabe sense it wouldn't elevate anyone and the age factor also needs to be factored in.

So in conclusion a one of appearance in a Royal Rumble or Legends Battle Royal of some kind would be fine but anything else no.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts