Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this pisses anyone else off, but I've always hated the idea of having two world champions. I liked it much more when there was ONE guy that was at the top of the ladder. If you had the strap, you were the fuckin' man!

Here's what I wish the WWE would do: Retire the WHC and make the Intercontinental Championship the equivalent to what the WHC is right now. The top belt on the show, and the second highest belt in the WWE. This would add more prestige to the IC belt as it would now be the belt that represents SD!'s main event scene.

Overall, I think RAW should have the WWE and US titles. SD! should have the IC title and either build a proper tag-team division exclusive to the show, or introduce a new belt such as Hardcore, European, or Cruiserweight.

The problem is that the WWE tries to pretend like Smackdown! is not the B show. They need to accept the fact that it is just that, and not try to deny it but embrace it. Have new guys come in, build themselves up on SD!, become the top guy over there by capturing the IC title, then when they're ready to take the next step, bring them over to RAW to compete with the big boys.

This way, when someone wins the big one (WWE title), it might actually matter.

Anyway, just my opinion. What do you guys think?

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Point blank: If you get rid of one of the world titles then they need to get rid of the brand extension altogether. There's no if's, and's, or but's about it. There's no point in having two shows but only one show has a world championship. The IC title is not a world championship and the fans know that.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Point blank: If you get rid of one of the world titles then they need to get rid of the brand extension altogether. There's no if's, and's, or but's about it. There's no point in having two shows but only one show has a world championship. The IC title is not a world championship and the fans know that.
This. The overall roster is far too large to pull this off anyway, so the WWE should not retire the WHC.

·
Registered
859 Posts
thats ridiculous.. smackdown as a show would plummet and crumble without 1) equal talent and 2) a world championship

the only way to do it is if your scrap 'brand extension' and have everyone on both shows. I would actually prefer that as it would eliminate a ton of the 'jobbers' from WWE.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
No, absolutely not. WWE cannot function today with one World Title. And if you were going to eliminate one World Title and leave the other one behind, you sure as hell wouldn't take out the big gold belt and leave that toy piece of trash.

One World Title will never work again.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
13,204 Posts
People on here are always complaining about stars not getting a world championship reign. Well if you had just one, then there would be a lot of stars not getting championship shots. Maybe if this were years ago I might have agreed, but now I don't think it' possible. But at the same time I wouldn't be annoyed if they did unify the belts either.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was imagining the IC title being recognized as a world title in a sense. I just think SD! would be cool if it was all about creating and building new stars, and then all your top guys fight it out on RAW.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
EvoLution™;9213024 said:
And if you were going to eliminate one World Title and leave the other one behind, you sure as hell wouldn't take out the big gold belt and leave that toy piece of trash.
Absolutely. Why destroy the belt created for/handed to Triple H in 2003 and held by B-Show wrestlers wrestlers when you can destroy the title established in 1963 and held by the all-time greats?

WWE Champions: Bruno, Hogan, Austin, Rock, Hart,
WH Champions: Mysterio, Khali, Swagger, Benoit, Punk

LOL

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
Absolutely. Why destroy the belt created for/handed to Triple H in 2003 and held by B-Show wrestlers wrestlers when you can destroy the title established in 1963 and held by the all-time greats?

LOL
If you go back and look at the history of the gold belt then you would not be saying this. The WWE title looks like a Fisher Price product! The design itself has taken most of its prestige away anyway!

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts

LOL
You know full well that I was talking about the belt designs, and not the title histories themselves. Don't take what I say out of context.

Even so, your blatant ignorance to the World Heavyweight Title history, extending all the way back to NWA, is hilarious.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.