Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the WWE have another Undisputed Title match? Just like Vengeance 2001
I think this would be a good idea, what do you guys think? and who should be in the matches?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes but I'd be sad to see the big gold belt go.

I'd have Punk vs Cena again with Punk going over to cement his place as the top face of the company alongside Cena. (Not my personal choice... I'd rather see Jericho win the undisputed title again!)

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
A heel has to win it, if it happens. Like Jericho, it will put over the heel big time.
If it happens, which I doubt, Daniel Bryan should win it. :p

·
Banned
609 Posts
Yep. Love the idea. Have them all take place the same night though.

WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk(c)

World Heavyweight Championship
Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus(c)

but lets go with a curve ball and have it end up being.

Undisputed Championship
CM Punk(c) vs. Dolph Ziggler(c)
Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Then eventually Daniel Bryan would turn face and have a match of the year feud with Ziggler while Punk takes on Triple H, Austin, ect.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Great idea, Punk to go over Sheamus. Although i like WHC title, id like to see one world title for the WWE now and for them to give more prestige to the mid card titles.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yes I am sick of two world titles. It makes no sense. They should have a unification match and bring back the winged eagle to represent the world title. I could dream at least

·
Banned
4,098 Posts
At this point, why not? My only concern would be retiring the WHT, assuming they'd get rid of it since it's lineage dates back to 2002 (they don't factor in WCW title holders). How would they merge the two lineages together to make one? It would fuck up the order.

Nonetheless, the brand split is all but officially over, there's no point in having two champions when it dilutes their value.

·
4X Efed World Champion
676 Posts
I'm all for 1 undisputed champion, as long as they use the World Heavyweight Championship belt.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
With the brand split more or less all but over going back to just 1 world champ makes all the sense in the world. Instead of handing it to someone, have a tournament to determine the new champ.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
It would have made perfect sense (IMO) to have this be the main story after Extreme Rules till Summerslam till WWE picks the Brock story back up, I think if they had teased a Sheamus/Punk match along with Bryan and Jericho at the time it would have been perfect.

I think Jericho winning it would have made sense and he could have dropped it on his last night whenever that would be.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Of course. It's a long time coming with this sorry roster. Only question is when should this take place?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'd rather not. Championship matches have to be believable. Having two big belts can allow for two different championships.

I think the heavyweight championship should be just that, for heavyweights. Guys like Mysterio for example, have no business being the heavyweight champions. I'd also scrap the US belt and instead have two more weight based belts belt for the lighter guys.

The WWE Championship however should be a free for all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There should be an undisputed title as the WHC has no contenders and an undisputed title would also create fresh fueds BUT a part of me wants the titles to stay the way they are because that would be the end of The Big Gold Belt and the history of the NWA and WCW would be buried.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Yea, having two champions is pointless. Would to see a eight man tournament featuring four guys from Raw and four guys from SD. But, they should just use the WHC and get rid of the WWE title design.

·
Registered
495 Posts
My wish: Yes
Likely to happen: No

WWE does not want to get rid of "Big Gold".That belt has too much history to throw away. Even though WWE has shown that they throw history away carelessly (retiring of Women's & World Tag Team titles), that would be taking a huge shit on every wrestler who worked for that belt.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Unifying the world title would be a huge mistake. If they did do it again though, I would book it by adding Cena, Orton, Miz, and Swagger to fill in the void of Rock, Austin, Jericho and Angle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.