Wrestling Forum banner

Should the WWE consider changing Smackdown's Main Event?

• Yes

Votes: 44 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 38.9%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alberto Del Rio vs Edge has little to no heat. Alberto struggles to get any heat. He had little reaction from the crowd when he ambushed Edge on Smackdown. His mic skills need a lot of work.

Alberto also does not have a good move set to entertain the fans at Wrestle Mania. His finisher is very weak. He does not have any pop moves that make the crowd say "OH! "Ah!".

Alberto Del Rio will not make people buy Wrestle Mania. The WWE is having economic problems. Their stock is falling. Alberto cannot be the guy to turn things around. He is not drawing people to watch Smackdown, Wrestle Mania, and WWE.

· Registered
193 Posts
Yeah I don't think Edge and Alberto Del Rio are enough to get people excited. No history there at all. Gotta bring in Christian and the jealous brother angle to at least make this interesting.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
I don't think WWE is going to change the Edge v Del Rio match in any shape or form. But it will be interesting to see how ADR goes on the biggest stage of them all, if he can engage the crowd, if he can rise to the occasion etc. Fortunately from him, he's got an excellent person to work the match with and make him look good in Edge.

EDIT: I voted No. Curious to see how Del Rio goes.

· These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
15,652 Posts
Del Rio was very over at EC and Raw this past week(I went to both events), and his mic skills are fine. I hope they keep it as Edge vs Alberto, Christian doesn't deserver to be in the main event.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Del Rio was very over at EC and Raw this past week(I went to both events), and his mic skills are fine. I hope they keep it as Edge vs Alberto, Christian doesn't deserver to be in the main event.
Under what grounds? He's better than either of them in every area of the business and he's more over than Del Rio.

Mind you, I'm talking to somebody who'd book Layla to win the world title. :rolleyes:

There's no point changing it.

· Registered
10,981 Posts
Alberto Del Rio vs Edge has little to no heat. Alberto struggles to get any heat. He had little reaction from the crowd when he ambushed Edge on Smackdown. His mic skills need a lot of work.

Alberto also does not have a good move set to entertain the fans at Wrestle Mania
. His finisher is very weak. He does not have any pop moves that make the crowd say "OH! "Ah!".

Alberto Del Rio will not make people buy Wrestle Mania. The WWE is having economic problems. Their stock is falling. Alberto cannot be the guy to turn things around. He is not drawing people to watch Smackdown, Wrestle Mania, and WWE.
Not even at Mania, in general his moveset is limited. I have yet to see one damn entertaining match from this guy. All he does is work the arm over and over and lock in his finisher. Now I have no prob with that as his finisher is an armbreaker. BUT IT'S ALL HE DOES

John Cena puts on better and more entertaining matches than this guy.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Del Rio-Mistico-Chimera-Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania instead of Edge-Del Rio :

A month before Wrestlemania :
Edge gets hurted by Del Rio. Rey Mysterio decides to avenge him, and swears to destroy Del Rio at Wrestlemania or to retire from pro-wrestling (creates heat). A few minutes later, Ricardo Rodriguez gets agressed by Rey Mysterio and is heavily wounded.

Two weeks later :
Raw "Anonymus" General Manager advices Vince to create a special Lucha Libre match at Wrestlemania between Rey and Alberto for the title. Vince reluctantly accepts and asks the fans to vote on Internet about the match type. The decision will be given three weeks before Wrestlemania.

A week before Wrestlemania :
The match was decided to be a "Hair versus mask and retirement" tag team match :
- Del Rio asks an unknown wrestler called Chimera to fight with him.
- Rey Mysterio doesn't have a partner yet.

Wrestlemania :
- Just before the match, Rey Mysterio reveals his partner "Sine Cara" (Mistico).
- High flying tag team match = ratings.
- His tag team wins and Del Rio is shaved.

Rey symbolically gives the title to "Sine Cara" before to announce his retirement from the ring at the end of the PPV with Undertaker (passing the torch and a lot of tears).

A week after Wrestlemania :
- The inter-brand cruiserweight division is ressurected and Rey Mysterio becomes its GM (announcing tournaments and deciding matches).

· Registered
2,515 Posts
^^^WTF????

Anyway,

I put "yes" because I just dont see the current one on one match being anything special. Edge cant perform at his best anymore, especially at the quality that is required for WM. Adding either Dolph or Christian would add another superstar who could carry the match with Del Rio.

And speaking of Del Rio, I dont NOT like him, but I dont see why he is being pushed this fast. He isnt THAT good. But I'm excited to see what he can bring to Wrestlemania. He will either sink or swim.

· Registered
2,515 Posts
Yeah I don't think Edge and Alberto Del Rio are enough to get people excited. No history there at all. Gotta bring in Christian and the jealous brother angle to at least make this interesting.
I dont think they have ever referenced that since Christian has returned to WWE. I think even before that they stopped referencing that angle a couple years before.

· Registered
116 Posts
On the one hand it would be great to see Christian in the Main Event, but on th eothe rhand it's more excited if Del Rio uses his submission lock against edge, and nobody can help, so that moment would be a top moment.
Although I look forward to see Christian in Main Event, but on the other hand Del Rio vs Edge would be great, too.
That's the match I am most excited about.

· Registered
2,352 Posts
Edge gets hurted by Del Rio. Rey Mysterio decides to avenge him, and swears to destroy Del Rio at Wrestlemania or to retire from pro-wrestling (creates heat). A few minutes later, Ricardo Rodriguez gets agressed by Rey Mysterio and is heavily wounded.

Two weeks later :
Raw "Anonymus" General Manager advices Vince to create a special Lucha Libre match at Wrestlemania between Rey and Alberto for the title. Vince reluctantly accepts and asks the fans to vote on Internet about the match type. The decision will be given three weeks before Wrestlemania.

The match was decided to be a "Hair versus mask and retirement" tag team match :

Wrestlemania :
- Just before the match, Rey Mysterio reveals his partner "Sine Cara" (Mistico).

Rey symbolically gives the title to "Sine Cara" before to announce his retirement from the ring at the end of the PPV with Undertaker (passing the torch and a lot of tears).

- The inter-brand cruiserweight division is ressurected and Rey Mysterio becomes its GM (announcing tournaments and deciding matches).
That makes absolutely no sense........

· These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
15,652 Posts
Under what grounds? He's better than either of them in every area of the business and he's more over than Del Rio.

Mind you, I'm talking to somebody who'd book Layla to win the world title. :rolleyes:

There's no point changing it.
Layla with the world tittle:hmm:......I love it!8*D. Maybe saying he doesn't deserver is not what I meant to say, I meant there isn't anything that would justify him being in the main event. He'll just end up taking the pin and I rather have Edge take the fall since it would be more credible for Del Rio.

· #RiseAbove
1,484 Posts
Del Rio-Mistico-Chimera-Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania instead of Edge-Del Rio :

Two weeks later :

Wrestlemania :

What the fuck is this guy talking about?

Are saying remove Edge from Wrestlemania altogether? Fucking stupid.

I understand 90% of everybody here hates or is tired of him now, but the fans still love him.

· Registered
280 Posts
What now? ADR has a limited move-set? ADR can't get heat on the microphone? ADR is getting penalized for using kayfabe to set up his finisher throughout a match?

Whatever. I mark for Alberto Del Rio, and proudly so. He uses a nice mat-based style with minor high flyer elements mixed in, which I appreciate more than any of that typical Lucha stuff. He uses pacing. He's also (in my opinion) better on the Mic by far than Christian. He gets his points across, stays in character, and gets the crowd hungry for his blood. Saying that he's bad at talking is just the O.P penalizing him for having an accent. Because real men speak American.

· Dragon Slayer
6,701 Posts
ADRs moveset is by no means limited. He is top 4 in technical ability in the WWE. WWE has limited what he can do, as they do with all heels. If they want to let him loose for a night, then they will, and he'll put on an amazing match with another guy who is old but is still pretty good. This isn't supposed to be the star match and no one is advertising it as so. WWE is building a future major heel in Del Rio and hes going to win the WHC at mania. The star matches are Cena/Miz and Taker/Trips.

· Registered
268 Posts
I personally don't believe that WWE should change the Smackdown main event...even though they're feud is seeming to having little to no heat right now, you can guarantee that WWE is going to do something to shake the main event up and give it more meaning. Also eventhough Del Rio and Edge have little to no heat right now Edge is one of the top baby faces in the company and obviously Alberto is one of the top heels in the company so them working together will be able to garner A LOT of heat from the crowd, its going to be a good match...on another note tho I wouldn't be aposed to seeing Christian in the WrestleMania main event. Christians one of the best workers that WWE currently has.

As far as Del Rio's moveset being limited...its not true he has a lot of moves in his arsenal...but WWE just watered him down and took away some of the spectacular stuff that he used to use as Dr. Wagner Jr. Anyways WrestleMania 27 is going to be an awesome WrestleMania.

· Banned
3,179 Posts
Fortunately from him, he's got an excellent person to work the match with and make him look good in Edge.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Edge can barely walk his out-of-shape ass down to the ring let alone carry ANYONE in a Wrestlemania match.

Edge will be carried by Del Rio, who is one of the top wrestlers in the WWE if they would allow him to show his skills.

· Registered
10,981 Posts
What now? ADR has a limited move-set? ADR can't get heat on the microphone? ADR is getting penalized for using kayfabe to set up his finisher throughout a match?

Whatever. I mark for Alberto Del Rio, and proudly so. He uses a nice mat-based style with minor high flyer elements mixed in, which I appreciate more than any of that typical Lucha stuff. He uses pacing. He's also (in my opinion) better on the Mic by far than Christian. He gets his points across, stays in character, and gets the crowd hungry for his blood. Saying that he's bad at talking is just the O.P penalizing him for having an accent. Because real men speak American.
I mark for the guy all the time. Heck I watch RAW and SD for Alberto Del Rio but the guy is pretty boring in the ring. Once you've seen one ADR match you've seen all.

· Banned
3,816 Posts
ADR won the rumble and he should be in the world title match, but you already knew that.

christian is a great talent, no doubt. but i have no confidence in wwe that they will get behind him in a sustained push. if anything, he'll be a sacrificial lamb in the Edge-ADR feud.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.