Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the ECW guys come out to the impact zone and shoot on WWE's version of ECW calling it stupid and gay then they eventually take shots at Vince McMahon afterwards.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
No, they should stop taking shots at Vince altogether and focus on getting their own house in order. All those references to WWE just make them smaller than they are. Besides, ECW wasn't a bad show, it just failed to live up to the expectations of the old-school fans because it wasn't a repeat of what we'd seen before. Ironically, if it had been a repeat of the old ECW, people would probably have complained even more than they did.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I think it would be beneficial for them to reference that and then say that what they're gunna be doing will be betrer than that, can't hurt can it?

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
like the ECW guys come out to the impact zone and shoot on WWE's version of ECW calling it stupid and gay then they eventually take shots at Vince McMahon afterwards.
They kinda did last night, because thats their reason for wanting to do one final ECW reunion show. Even Dreamer said he and alot of the other guys had closure after the 05 show. But since that was such a big hit WWE had to bring it back and it ended with ECW going out on a bad note. So these guys wanna have one last show to offically put ECW to bed on a good note. Now I don't think they should bash WWE version anymore. But what they did last night with saying what WWE did to ECW is a reason to wanna do one last show, is fine with me. Because that makes sense to me.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
No, they should stop taking shots at Vince altogether and focus on getting their own house in order. All those references to WWE just make them smaller than they are. Besides, ECW wasn't a bad show, it just failed to live up to the expectations of the old-school fans because it wasn't a repeat of what we'd seen before. Ironically, if it had been a repeat of the old ECW, people would probably have complained even more than they did.
Vince's version of ECW never failed bud.

One Night Stand is one of the best non wrestlemania ppv draws in wrestling history, not to mention when ECW was first started up and you had Big Show as the champ the show was getting the same ratings as RAW. Vince pulled the plug on it because if he didn't create it his ego can't accept it. It was a great show for 6-8 months then it started falling flat.

·
11,236 Posts
Vince's version of ECW never failed bud.

One Night Stand is one of the best non wrestlemania ppv draws in wrestling history, not to mention when ECW was first started up and you had Big Show as the champ the show was getting the same ratings as RAW. Vince pulled the plug on it because if he didn't create it his ego can't accept it. It was a great show for 6-8 months then it started falling flat huge.
Never said it did, I said that a lot of old-school fans couldn't accept what WWECW became. For the record, I liked it once I got over the fact that it wasn't going to be a clone of the old show. And as I said before, a lot of people would've been just as pissed off if it had been a repeat because they would've seen it all before anyway.

My only real problem was that Heyman wasn't given the chance to run the show his way because I wanted to see what he could do when his ideas were combined with WWE's production values. Unfortunately he was never given the independence he needed.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hell yes. Judging by the VIP packages getting sold at record rates a lot of Die Hard ECW fans will be there. It's their night, let them shit on WCW, WWE hell even TNA. If it truly is one final night of the ECW guys let them go out however the fuck they want. They can shit all over me (not literally) if they like.

The desperate need to defend poor old billionaire Vince is something I will never get.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
When the WWE put together the original "One Night Stand," that was terrific. That was a good show. But when they decided to bring back the ECW brand for a weekly show, that was a disaster. They tried to make it different and unique, but eventually it just became the company's C-list show. It became nothing. That's why they ceased ECW and started that new show.

Give credit to the WWE for trying to bring back ECW, but blame the WWE for, in the end, soiling the ECW name.

·
11,236 Posts
Hell yes. Judging by the VIP packages getting sold at record rates a lot of Die Hard ECW fans will be there. It's their night, let them shit on WCW, WWE hell even TNA. If it truly is one final night of the ECW guys let them go out however the fuck they want. They can shit all over me (not literally) if they like.

The desperate need to defend poor old billionaire Vince is something I will never get.
I'm not defending Vince, I'm saying that dissing him makes them look small-time. When a company like PWG does it, that's fine because they are small-time but TNA, for all it's faults, is the number 2 company in the US and needs to focus on it's own identity.

They should take a page from ROH's book and pretty much ignore the competition on the tv show. Sure, acknowledge that there are other companies out there but stop trying to score cheap points by going on about their faults.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I'm not defending Vince, I'm saying that dissing him makes them look small-time. When a company like PWG does it, that's fine because they are small-time but TNA, for all it's faults, is the number 2 company in the US and needs to focus on it's own identity.

They should take a page from ROH's book and pretty much ignore the competition on the tv show. Sure, acknowledge that there are other companies out there but stop trying to score cheap points by going on about their faults.
It's officially an ECW show, anything goes. This isn't about TNA/WWE/WCW at all anymore, apart from being a money making scheme for TNA. This is supposed to be true ECW, true ECW would shit on their own mothers if they wanted to. Fuck Vince, fuck Dixie, fuck the IWC. Let these guys have one final stand doing and saying whatever the hell they want, otherwise this show would be just another fraud.

·
Registered
147 Posts

Record rates? How many/how fast so far?

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
No, it just makes them look like they've got a raging and immature case of sour grapes. TNA/WWE is like Megadeth/Metallica and Marvel/DC and all sorts of other dumbass feuds and beefs within the same brands of entertainment that just need to die.

TNA needs to keep the word WWE out of its mouth, and just be the best damn company it can be. Shooting on WWE is just petty and small potatoes.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts