Wrestling Forum banner

Should the Corre get rid of Heath Slater?

3516 35
The guy has no charisma. has no look. average wrestler at best. What's his role there? Put a Jackson Andrews in there or Nash...Some huge guy. Anyone else agree about Slater?
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Heath Slater isnt that bad he needs more of a chance in the ring tho .

· GOAT
4,616 Posts
Corre should really cease to be, got nothing against any of them, especially not Barrett who I do mark for. However, Barrett and Zeke should be singles competitors without a group, with Gabriel and Slater as a tag team.

· Registered
3,320 Posts
Heath is actually good. No Barret, Zeke or Gabriel good but good.

IMHO he is the one guy that keeps the group heel, because face facts, how long will it take until the crowd starts cheering for the awesomeness of Barrett's mic skills, Zeke incredible power and Gabriel's cool flying style? They need an X-pac, aka somebody who you think is worthless, yet manages to get the crowd to boo the group.

He's also a great seller and a decent worker in the ring.

· The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,386 Posts
He has a weird voice that doesn't fit his appearance at all. Second of all he doesn't look like a heel, more a face, and his entire appearance just looks weird and out of place in a group like The Corre. I want them to take onboard Tarver or Sheffield, tough Tarver would be akward seeing as how Barrett kicked him out of Nexus, and Sheffield is kinda the same as Ezekiel Jackson; the powerhouse..

· Banned
4,265 Posts
Certainly doesnt have 'it', he is a sunday night heat wrestler at best, but he will be a decent lower card/jobber to put guys over in the future.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Heath is actually good. No Barret, Zeke or Gabriel good but good.

IMHO he is the one guy that keeps the group heel, because face facts, how long will it take until the crowd starts cheering for the awesomeness of Barrett's mic skills, Zeke incredible power and Gabriel's cool flying style? They need an X-pac, aka somebody who you think is worthless, yet manages to get the crowd to boo the group.
The Gabriel point is understandable, since the crowd loves highflyers and he's a natural babyface, but I don't see the other points as cause for concern. Nobody is gonna cheer Jackson because he's powerful, why would they? I've never seen a heel getting cheered for his acts of strength. I don't think we need to worry about Barrett either, because unless he's facing Cena, he's probably not going to get cheered much. His presence is so undeniably heelish that that'll keep them afloat. It was the same way with JBL. Despite all their mic talent, they're not heels who it's "cool" to like, like CM Punk, Chris Jericho or Edge.

Heath Slater is quit replaceable, however, I don't see the need to replace him. Anyone in Nexus/Corre besides the leader is not going to be playing a major part in the way of talking, and will most certainly not have very much credibility, so it's fine to keep a guy who's really bad on the mic like him in the background, wrestling decent matches and just adding to the beatdowns like anyone else would.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
Nah, he's a natural lackey in a heel stable such as this.

· Registered
456 Posts
Slater is talented. Deal with it.
Underutilized by WWE; the same goes for Justin Gabriel: both are talented wrestlers with a bit of personality about them. It's no use throwing them in as fodder against the likes of the Big Show, but against anything less than the really big guys I've no doubt they could hold their own. Singles matches against guys like Ted DiBiase would show up their talent; their involvement in the Corre underplays their true ability.

· Banned
10,616 Posts
He's decent in the ring but he's just too goofy looking to be taken seriously.

· Registered
960 Posts
He is just the group's weak link and tag team competitor. They have Big Zeke they don't need another enforcer. And seriously? Nash? You think Nash has more talent than Slater? Not at this point he doesn't. Anyone with mobility can put on a better match than Big Sexy. No disrespect though I marked like crazy for him

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.