Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Team WWE vs Nexus match at summerslam had a big time feel to it. It almost felt like a wrestlemania main event; the sheer atmopshere was awesome. However, for this reason, should it have been saved for later? I also think it would have been a great blowoff match to end the feud once and for all and break the nexus up. Instead, the nexus lost after summerslam and their momentum slowed down until after hell in a cell where it picked up again dramatically, and now it seems like the match at TLC will be the final nail in the coffin for nexus. I really think it should've been saved for later.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
There's no reason that a similar team match can't be done again later, even to destroy the Nexus for good. The Invasion storyline, crappy as it was overall, began AND ended with two very good 5-on-5 matches (at Invasion and Survivor Series '01).

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
The timing of the match was right, but the timing of its resolution was awful. Nexus absolutely positively should have won. I won't say it "ruined" the whole storyline, but it made Nexus look beatable, which is the worst possible thing WWE could have done in that instance. The nWo went a year and a half without a loss of consequence. Cena shouldn't have vanquished Nexus until the end of the angle; largely because of SummerSlam they've been his bitches pretty much ever since, even when (especially when?) he was part of the group.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's no reason that a similar team match can't be done again later, even to destroy the Nexus for good. The Invasion storyline, crappy as it was overall, began AND ended with two very good 5-on-5 matches (at Invasion and Survivor Series '01).
that's very true, but the way it looks, another team vs team match isn't happening because nexus looks like it's breaking up after TLC.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah should have been the blow off match but considering it was team Raw they should have made it weaker and lost to have Cena lead the real team WWE of the top stars from both shows at later ppv.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Yes, until at least Survivor Series but no matter how long you waited, whether it was 10 months or a year and a half. WWE would never be able to build up David Otunga, Heath Slater, or any of these guys to be able to go up against 7 of WWE's biggest superstars and make us believe going into it that they can actually win. I felt that by Cena being the only one left at the end of that match was silly enough because these guys had only been built up for a few months prior.

If you look at the wrestlers in team Raw, Santino and R Truth were part of it. That alone told me that they were making it easier for Nexus. If they wanted this to make sense it would have to be Taker, Triple H, Cena bla bla bla and make us believe these guys by building them up to be the be all end all god like super cyborg monsters. Thus this is why the match never meant anything in the first place and the story line meant nothing. In the end at least their making a new main eventer out of this in Wade Barrett and I'm starting to like him a little.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
No, I feel that match should have ended the Nexus then and there, they're a joke, it made no sense for all of those Raw superstars to do nothing while a bunch of jobbers beat up the face of the company.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
No, it's gonna be hard to keep Nexus to look strong until let's just say Survivor Series so WWE decided to strike the iron while it's still hot, but the decision to have Nexus lose was just wrong imo, Nexus just simply looked bad and nobody really saw them as that huge of a threat anymore after that loss, especially when one of your team members looks like the chick from Wendy's.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Even before that, when they had team WWE chase NEXUS out of the building on Raw, was enough to shit on NEXUS. That killed the whole invasion angle.

They never elaborated on the consequences had NEXUS beat Team WWE in a wrestling competition. Doubt there was any let a lone a plausible one.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
Being there, the atmosphere was amazing, but in full honesty, the Nexus angle never felt as "uncomfortable" for the WWE at large aside from their interactions with Cena in the fall after that. Now that that's over, it's hard to see where they go with it all. The angle's in serious danger of simply crumbling at the moment.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Nexus just simply looked bad and nobody really saw them as that huge of a threat anymore after that loss, especially when one of your team members looks like the chick from Wendy's.
Let's not forget Mr. gosh I'm pretty, the love child of the Pee-Wee Herman, Dumbo and Owen Wilson triangle, Noob Saibot (actually he did look kinda badass) and that dude with a wedgie up his ass. I know I'm forgetting someone and that's just it, he's just forgettable, Skip was the only one that looked like a threat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts