Wrestling Forum banner

Should the Authority be deleted at Wrestlemania 33?

• Yes - Get that megacunt and cuck off my television!

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • No - I am a neckbeard virgin latching onto the Attitude Era circa 2000

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I don't care - I only watch Smackdown Live

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Authority has been running the show since pretty much 2013. Ever since they mostly have been a hamper to the storytelling on WWE television. Raw is infested with the stench of Stephanie McMahon and Triple H. Heels don't feel as menacing because they are just muscle for the Authority (see: Samoa Joe, Batista, Sheamus, Rollins). Furthermore, there is no closure for the faces, because even if a heel defeats the face of the Authority, Triple Nose, the Authority will still be in power the next day.

There have been many logical opportunities for the Authority to disband:
1) After Wrestlemania 30, when both Bryan and the Shield could have teamed up to end them at Extreme Rules
2) After Sting helped Ziggler reclaim relevance and destroy team Authority to end them at Survivor Series 2014
3) After Roman defeated Triple H at Wrestlemania 32

I'm tired of Stephanie McMahon emasculating the roster, wearing chokers to hide her Adam's Apple, and deliver herself from her midlife crisis. Furthermore, unlike Vince, Stephanie plays a calm, collected but power-hungry woman who makes the roster look stupid. Vince would actually play an unhinged boss. I am also tired of Hunter trying to play face on NXT and heel on the main roster. Also, he's not really good at putting guys over these days as much as he is putting his ego first.

Therefore, when Rollins presumably goes over Triple Nose, would this be a good time to get the Authority - in particular Stephanie McMahn- off television and bring in Kurt Angle as Raw's GM?
Is Wrestlemania 33 a good burial ground for the Authority?
Discuss Wrestling Forum!

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
They technically disbanded after WresteMania 32 when HHH disappeared until September and Vince let Shane run Raw for a bit till Stephanie came back.

We've only recently seen a return to that dynamic in the leadup to WrestleMania, and I expect HHH to slowly fade out and go back to NXT once he gets his WM match.

In any case, yeah, the Authority's beyond played out and hopefully they have something else in mind.

·
Madness is the emergency exit
2,826 Posts
I don't mean to sound like a dick, but of fucking course they should disband.

Kevin Owens with Samoa Joe led by HHH is an AWESOME stable. However it still have the McMahon/Levesque stench to it. Hunter should become a guy who wrestles every 3-4 years at Wrestlemania as an actual legend, that can still go. Stephanie should be written off of TV. I am ok with authority figures like GMs, but the word "authority" has been given a bad rep.

Something that will never happen but should is Seth Rollins triumphantly defeating HHH at WM33, leading to The Authority of HHH/Steph being written off of TV for good. Then make Rollins your top babyface, and he will be if he gets rid of Steph.

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Voted yes... but really the answer is No... because they should have disbanded 2 years ago...

Or at least done SOMETHING to shake up the act, it's been pushing the same shit for close to four years now and the only time something enjoyable came out of it was when they got their comeuppance at Wrestlemania 30... think about that... Vince got stunned, beat up and humiliated all the time... Steph took a suicide dive three years ago and a spear last year...

Long story short... YES for the love of God get Stephanie off tv!!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
It should've happened last year but Rollins was injured

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
We need less Stephanie & more Trips.

Reactions: DeadGirl Inc

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Yes. They really have no purpose anymore. Seth being the one to finally end the Authority makes the most sense. He was the most involved with them. They turned their backs on him. He's had enough of listening to both HHH and Stephanie. Him beating HHH can finally close that chapter of his career. I thought that stipulation might've been added to this match at Mania, but it doesn't seem that way.

However, the only way this works is if Stephanie leaves her position of Commissioner. I don't see that happening either. If Rollins beats HHH at Mania, whether HHH sticks around on TV again remains to be seen, Stephanie isn't going anywhere. She'll most likely continue to go after Seth because he beat HHH and she's the heel Authority figure to his babyface character.

The Authority needs to end. The story is there right now with Seth, but sadly they will probably stick around.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Every year close to WM a thread about Authority disbanding always pops up.

Authority should have been long gone after Sting aided Ziggler at Survivor Series. Dolph should have gotten massive rub from that and become a huge star. Authority is gone a month until Seth threatened to Curb Stomp Edge's neck unless Cena brought them back (as he was the only one who could do so).

KO/Joe/HHH feels more like Evolution 2.0 then Authority. Difference obviously being is that Orton and Batista were up and the future whereas KO, Joe aren't but very well established veterans.

·
Absolute Scumbag.
4,020 Posts
It won't happen for a few years most likely.

The Authority story is an easy way to book HHH's WM/SummerSlam matches without needing to come up with new storylines. It's easy and requires little appearances/work for Hunter too much in the build ups.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I just want Stephanie off my TV. I'm so sick of her. Triple H, not so much cos we don't see him anywhere NEAR as much, and when he is there, he's doing a feud. Steph on the other hand is not even a good heel. I want to see all the heel wrestlers, but I don't want to see her. Fuck off, Steph.

Reactions: DeadGirl Inc

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Probably won't.

This way HHH can remain the centerpiece of the show without even being there!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I say yes and the best place would be during this upcoming draft. Start off first with Rollins beating HHH at WM and follow that up with Stephanie being replaced as RAW commissioner during the draft by Kurt Angle or someone else. KO and Samoa Joe can just go their own separate ways and dominate on their own, they do not need the Authority to get over and the Authority does not need to be a thing anymore as faces and heels can get over by themselves, plus the evil authority figures are played out now beyond disbelief in 2017.

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
What we know as the Authority should disband. However, I have my opinion regarding Stephanie and HHH. HHH should be running the whole company with both shows included and yes NXT. This is from a kayfabe standpoint. Stephanie should be in charge of Talent Relations. Meaning, she hires and fires anyone she damn well pleases.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
What we know as the Authority should disband. However, I have my opinion regarding Stephanie and HHH. HHH should be running the whole company with both shows included and yes NXT. This is from a kayfabe standpoint. Stephanie should be in charge of Talent Relations. Meaning, she hires and fires anyone she damn well pleases.
Stephanie has got to go. She's that guest at your home who overstays her visit. Her character needs to be killed off the Raw-after-Mania in the following manner: Bayley hits the Bayley-to-Belly on her through Plexiglas; Charlotte performs the natural selection on her on top of thumbnails; Sasha does the Banks Statement on her with barbwire caressing Stephanie's face.

That Kunt has go to. She is bad for business and the reputation of a powerful woman. She sets women back alot.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Are you talking about this WM or WM 30?

·
Registered
20 Posts
This post is GLORIOUS!

I agree 1000000%; the authority has done nothing; but hinder the product's enjoyment. For the wrestlers and fans alike.

Not only has the fun been hampered,but the growth of the wrestlers are in dire straights.

Vince McMahon gets the hate for being "out of touch" which is bull crap IMHO. When Vince was the onscreen Boss,he never looked unbeatable. Nor untouchable by his employees,the man put over all of his top talent even mid card,women. When called to get them over in a major way.

Now the thing with Stephanie is a tricky conundrum,on one hand she has taken some harsh bumps over the years. During her earlier on screen boss role; back then she put over a lot of people. Taking some sick bumps, even getting beat down by Vince in a match.

Now days she's the female triple h,always emasculating the workers. Looking unbeatable and untouchable,godly to the peasants woe that be their wrestlers.

I personally think Triple hoe....I mean H is the culprit; to Steph's mid life WWE crisis.

Every since Triple " I sign popular Indy guys,to monopolize the wrestling industry", H has joined the ranks of "Authority figure" Stephanie was cursed with his always come out on top booking.

Also notice how unbalanced the booking is with win-loss, between the superstars. He buries the roster on both sections. By having a small select few that always win,and lose maybe once every 6 months.

Sure your top talent should be booked like the best,but there's no need to feed your entire mid card to one or two people constantly. Same with the women's division there's not enough credibility outside the top.

That's a wrestler's mind frame of booking, Triple h thinks by booking himself to look unstoppable and his chosen few to be unbeatable is good. Thus because wrestlers don't know how to book a wrestling show. If so,TNA would've been a hit say if Paul Heyman started it.

Jeff Jarrett was the original person who started TNA. He's a wrestler; and doesn't know how to successfully book a wrestling show.

There's a correlation here with Triple h being the "boss". Simply put he has proven my theory that wrestlers should stay wrestling and not booking said wrestling. Other than the moves,leave the characters,storylines to the Paul Heymans and Shane mcmahons.

Speaking of Shane McMahon,he is still out here living up to his last name. Just like his Father Shane is always willing to put over the real wrestlers in ring.

He's about to put over Aj Styles at Wrestlemania in a big way.

Something Triple h hates to do,barely did the job for Daniel Bryan.

End the authority now.

Sorry for the long weekend of a post lol,just passionate about pro wrestling so I tend to go on a tangent. Verbose in a sense.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts