Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Excalibur

Votes: 29 33.3%
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excalibur is garbage. He doesnt understand how to commentate for a mainstream wrestling show. He is boring and lame and way too much of a geek with random facts that add nothing to a match. Taz on the other hand is great, can play the heel when necessary and is much more entertaining than Excalibur and is a color commentator which compliments JR and Tony much better than have 3 play by play face commentators. Excalibur is much better suited for the internet shows like Dynamite and Elevation. This weeks Dynamite was so much more enjoyable with Taz bickering with JR and taking sides with MJF. Would you prefer Taz or that piece of shit Excalibur on Dynamite?

·
Registered
12,419 Posts
My only problem with Taz is his commentary sometimes conflicts with his managerial position. He and Punk were friendly enough on Rampage commentary for example, then suddenly he's hating on Punk for the convenience of starting a new feud.

ya sometimes it sorta takes way to much away from just announcing when hes overly in his on screen heel character.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I like Excalibur but the trio of Taz, JR and Tony worked really well. Having a heel on there creates a nice balance, with Taz backing up commentary punching bags MJF and the Elite.

Props to Taz for comparing Andrade to the Great Muta. Didn't see it before but Taz was on the money.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Taz is great, but their commentary needs a play by play guy in the booth. JR, Tony, Taz and even Mark Henry do great colour, but I want someone getting hyped about crazy moves with cool names. Tiger Driver 98! Burning Hammer! Falcon Arrow! Having someone who knows shit and can call things as they're happening adds emphasis to the move, and adds a bit of that sportslike feel instead of a bunch of old guys just shouting "What a manouver!"

Like shit, last night Taz Tony and Mark weren't even sure what to call the 450 splash PAC hit on Andrade for a couple seconds.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Tazz, just better all round than excalibur, taz is actually witty and funny at times to listen to where as excalibur is just too serious in the wrong type of way.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
10,043 Posts
Yes. And I´m not even a fan of Taz as a commentator. But he´s way better than the masked goof

·
Registered
953 Posts
the announce team should walways be JR and taz. tony should do the the interviews.

i don't dislike excalibur as much as other (the mask is dumb) but he's markish and should be on youtube with the more indieriffic types.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
I'd really like to see Don West on commentary again if we're replacing people. He did Slammiversary a few years ago and still brought the excitement and energy up. Very underappreciated commentator imo. Though I'd replace Tony and keep him for interviews.

Excalibur is neccessary to explain all the new fangled wrestlers and terminology.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
12,336 Posts
Excalibur doesn’t bother me much at all 😅 Certainly not close to perfect, but, I definitely don’t dislike him on the level others do. I’m fine with either of them commentating, though, I do like Taz better.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts