Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taker is in a bad shape and this could provide him a well deserved rest.

Cena is the biggest name left for Taker to face.

Cena looks like he will win against Rock(Unless Rock doesn't want to lose to him)

Cena can turn heel and boast how he has defeated the Rock and could defeat Taker as well.

HHH,Kane are great but it will be boring to see them again.

Taker vs Cena will be the modern day version of Andre vs Hulk.

Cena vs Taker can give WWE $$$$$$$$

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think Taker should only do Wrestlemania. Just one match a year. He could "rise from the grave" for the next 5-6 years like he did this year and it would add to the mystique for people who've seen very little of him.

·
Registered
87 Posts
with the current roster id say that is prob the biggest match they could do and still keep it fresh, I suppose it just depends how much longer taker can keep going, even with limited ring exposure

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts
I'm one of the few on here who wouldn't mind if the Streak goes beyond 20-0 if it means we finally get Cena/Taker (at Wrestlemania XXIX). Considering Rock/Cena is already on the table, with the strong likelihood of Sin Cara/Rey Mysterio, Wrestlemania XXVIII doesn't really emphatically need a massive Streak match with Undertaker. Wade Barrett's push via Nexus last summer/fall vs. Cena is proof that you can build up a guy as a rather nominal beast of one kind or another in a fairly constricted timeframe. I'd be happy to see WWE deliver with a boisterous push for someone like Sheamus or somebody to go up against Undertaker. Even make the heart of the angle, if need be, about making a name for oneself. Etceteras.

Then Taker can disappear for about nine months again and return simply to wrap up his career and go up to the plate just one more time against Cena.

·
Read Only
11,514 Posts
it sure as hell would be better than another HHH/Undertaker match
I agree. We saw everything there was to see between Taker and Triple H at the last Mania. The back-to-back thing worked with HBK because the second time round, it was more about emotion with his career on the line, rather than about the actual wrestling match. There is no need to do Triple H/Undertaker 3 at WrestleMania. I say he should take a very well-deserved one year break, and start training again for one last bow along with John Cena.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I'm one of the few on here who wouldn't mind if the Streak goes beyond 20-0 if it means we finally get Cena/Taker (at Wrestlemania XXIX). Considering Rock/Cena is already on the table, with the strong likelihood of Sin Cara/Rey Mysterio, Wrestlemania XXVIII doesn't really emphatically need a massive Streak match with Undertaker. Wade Barrett's push via Nexus last summer/fall vs. Cena is proof that you can build up a guy as a rather nominal beast of one kind or another in a fairly constricted timeframe. I'd be happy to see WWE deliver with a boisterous push for someone like Sheamus or somebody to go up against Undertaker. Even make the heart of the angle, if need be, about making a name for oneself. Etceteras.

Then Taker can disappear for about nine months again and return simply to wrap up his career and go up to the plate just one more time against Cena.
:agree:

As I said in the other thread, I hereby second the whole notion.

That means, everyone should cheer if we get Taker/Bryan or Taker/Jericho at WM 28 next year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
He's over the hill. He should be able to do a 2012 match or that is just plain dumb. Come on now. Retire already.

·
Registered
73 Posts
why cena vs undertaker cenas had every old wwe wrestler handed to him on a silver platter and i for one am sick of it. it should be a retirement match for both undertaker and kane then when the match is over and undertaker wins the lights should go out and both undertaker and kane have vanished apart from a gold urn in the ring paul bearer should come down take the urn and leave while on the videotron we see a montage of undertaker and kane throughout the years. then on the following raw we should see paul bearer put the urn between two gravestones and on the first gravestone we see Mark William Calaway (born March 24, 1965) passed away November 19, 1990. and on the other Glenn Thomas Jacobs(born April 26, 1967) passed away October 5 1997.

of course for thisa to work they would have to be inducted in to the HOF the night before wrestlemania 28

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
i dont think cena could rise to the occasion.
live up the the last 3/? no chance in hell.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
The thing is that as far as Vince McMahon is concerned the streak has become a major draw for WrestleMania every year which means that even if we don't see anything else for the rest of the year we will see The Undertaker at WrestleMania 28. I don't see WWE leaving The Undertaker out of WrestleMania because outside of John Cena he is the biggest star that the company has and with WrestleMania being the biggest PPV of the year it wouldn't be good business to leave him out.

I do see John Cena and The Undertaker happening at WrestleMania 29 though as nothing else would really do justice for either man and it is the one big match out there not too have happened unless you count their 2003 feud when John Cena was a mid carder and nowhere near the level that he is now. With Cena/Rock confirmed for WrestleMania 28 i would say that the PPV is already sold due to that match alone but with The Undertaker going for 20-0 i don't see WWE not going with a major match up in an attempt to make us believe that someone might actually be able to break the streak.

As much as i don't want to see The Undertaker and Triple H wrestle again i can't see it not happening, i believe that both men should use their star power to elevate a younger wrestler because there is a serious lack of star power across the roster as a whole and the only way to create new stars is to put them in with older or more established stars. I think that someone like Wade Barrett would really come off well from a WrestleMania feud with The Undertaker as would Alberto Del Rio with Triple H so those are potential match ups but i can see The Undertaker and Triple H facing off for a third time because it will be 20-0 once The Undertaker wins.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
The thing is that as far as Vince McMahon is concerned the streak has become a major draw for WrestleMania every year which means that even if we don't see anything else for the rest of the year we will see The Undertaker at WrestleMania 28. I don't see WWE leaving The Undertaker out of WrestleMania because outside of John Cena he is the biggest star that the company has and with WrestleMania being the biggest PPV of the year it wouldn't be good business to leave him out.

I do see John Cena and The Undertaker happening at WrestleMania 29 though as nothing else would really do justice for either man and it is the one big match out there not too have happened unless you count their 2003 feud when John Cena was a mid carder and nowhere near the level that he is now. With Cena/Rock confirmed for WrestleMania 28 i would say that the PPV is already sold due to that match alone but with The Undertaker going for 20-0 i don't see WWE not going with a major match up in an attempt to make us believe that someone might actually be able to break the streak.

As much as i don't want to see The Undertaker and Triple H wrestle again i can't see it not happening, i believe that both men should use their star power to elevate a younger wrestler because there is a serious lack of star power across the roster as a whole and the only way to create new stars is to put them in with older or more established stars. I think that someone like Wade Barrett would really come off well from a WrestleMania feud with The Undertaker as would Alberto Del Rio with Triple H so those are potential match ups but i can see The Undertaker and Triple H facing off for a third time because it will be 20-0 once The Undertaker wins.
Well put, mate. Another Taker/HHH would be a f*ckin waste. I'd rather see Taker/Jericho or Taker/Bryan and Barrett/HHH than another Taker/HHH, really. As u said, WM 28 is already sold thx to Rock/Cena, there's no need to waste it for another Taker/HHH.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts