Votes: 11 25.6%
  • No, he wrestle 4 E V E R

Votes: 3 7.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is Sting washed up in your opinion? I couldn't help but feel bad for the guy- as in he should retire- feel bad for him, after watching his match at BFG.

Should Sting and Dixie start laying out a retirement angle leading to next years BFG? That could be TNA's first ever HUGE & HISTORICAL match.

Not to be mean, but I think he's only hurting his name value at this point.

I think a year long retirement angle to help build it up as big as they can and have him retire would be good for him. I know, there's no such thing as retiring as a wrestler, but his matches are starting to get embarrassing at this point. He wrestles in a shirt and can't even perform his own signature finishing move. :sad:

*I mean retire from the ring, not in general*

·
Registered
11,519 Posts
I think it was wondering having him and it just ads to the legacy of the long term company history. But yes his time has come to retire.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I´d like to see him as the new GM.
Although, depending on how the storyline plays out, I would like for them to wait till after the Dixie/AJ thing finishes.
There´s nothing I would hate more than to see Sting as some castrated, weak GM that has to bend to Dixies will every week for the next, however many months this is gonna last.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Nothing left for him to do as a performer, can't see him as a manager. Would love to see something in WWE but not sure what, the thought of Sting vs. Undertaker makes me cringe.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think he should retire from the ring.

He's been doing this for 25+ years, and for his age, it's remarkable he can go like he can now; but, he is older now and has problems because of injuries, I just don't see how his body can withstand the punishment. He really should get out of the ring, not just for his legacy, but his health as well. He could still be a prominent part of wrestling in a GM type role.

·
Stay Fearless
7,384 Posts
He should retire from TNA and go to WWE. He has a few matches left in him. Taker, Cena, HHH, Orton, Punk, Bryan would be great matches to see. If he says he will never compete in WWE then yes he should retire.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I don't know if any of you watched WCW in it's dying days but near the very end (Like the last 6 months) WCW had the same issue with Nash. I guess they were trying to preserve him because he was becoming more injury prone and getting older so they had him wrestle very rarely (Like 1-2 times a month) and manage the Natural Born Thrillers for a little bit as their coach.

Eventually NBT turned on him and he went into a tag team with Diamond Dallas Page where he did almost zero work and took almost zero bumps. TNA could do the exact same thing with Sting and preserve the guy for years if they wish. He's not THAT broken down or limited it just isn't possible for him to have a 20 minute classic anymore. If he works in a tag team he could work 5 minutes a night or whatever and be fine.

The issue is apart from Magnus (Who is being pushed) I can't think of a good partner for Sting.

·
Intoner
6,591 Posts
If word retire means from wrestling - yes. Probably. One, or two more matches (the final match) and yes.
If "retire" means go to wwe - no, fuck no.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I didn't think so, but BFG was pretty bad. He can't even sit down on the Scorpion Death Lock anymore.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts