Wrestling Forum banner

Should someone besides Rock/Cena end Punk's title reign?

787 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  icecreamsandstuff
This is a great opportunity to really elevate a mid-card face.

At Vengeance 2001, Chris Jericho beat Rock and Austin in the same night, and it somewhat catapulted his career.

At NYR 2006, Edge cashed-in his MITB briefcase and it started his main-event career, by ending Cena's 9 months title reign.

-Cena's already won 12 world titles, and has been the alpha dog for 7+ years

-Rock is 40 yrs old, and has wrestled 2 matches in 8+ years... will he even do anything with the WWE after WM 29?

^Why do either of them need this big win, and to be "the guy" to end Punk's nearly 1 year long title reign?

No other face can really get to the top as long as Cena's around, because he's inserted as the superhero into every major storyline.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,090 Posts
The only way to elevate punk is if he loses to a big name. Punk needs it more

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I guess they could try turning Ziggler and having him cash in on Punk, he seems to be getting over as a face but it remains to be seen if he could actually get the majority behind him.

Other than that who is there?
I dont see anyone honestly... Ziggler would be an excellent choice for a guy who needs that one signature win, but he's a heel right now.

Unfortunately, his big win will likely be his MITB cash-in, which could look weak if he takes advantage of an exhausted Sheamus

Regarding the midcard faces...

Brodus, Ryder, Santino - not serious enough for a main event push with current gimmicks

Ryback - long way to go, too many squash matches and much of the audience looks at him as a direct ripoff of Goldberg

Kofi - been a mid-carder for awhile, needs some more momentum before jumping into the world title picture

The only way to elevate punk is if he loses to a big name. Punk needs it more

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free
Maybe, but are you saying he's not elevated yet? I think he's very over right now.

· I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,488 Posts
since Sheamus is in the WHC picture. And Orton has fallen off. It has to be Rock or Cena

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.