Votes: 12 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So having seen the live episode for its debut on SyFy - I really hope it does go live every week sometime soon.

The live atmosphere in my view is so much better than the 'dubbed' atmosphere you get when WWE add in canned cheers and boos. OK, tonight had RAW superstars as well - but I think SmackDown would benefit in the long run if it was live every week.

·
Banned
542 Posts
Smackdown is 10x better when its live in my view.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Living in the UK, its different. I would watch it live, but i'm busy on Friday nights, and its not on till 1am. But i hate watching the repeat of something if i know its already been on live.

But if its taped, and it is the first showing, then i'm all good. Its weird, i know. It means i absolutely cannot stand taping programmes. I have to watch something when it is being shown, or not at all. I can only watch DVD's if someone hides the remote.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Live SD doesn't really make that much of a difference, what makes a difference is WWEs editing. If they just taped SD and didn't edit a single thing(including crowd reaction) then it'd be fine. What makes taped shows so annoying is the cheap edited fan reaction that we've been hearing for like 10 years in every single taped segment.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
If it forces them to have rawsters on, please no.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Live > Taped, obviously

I don't work for the company, though, so I don't know if going live every week is even an option for them. But if it is...I don't know why they wouldn't.

Everything is better live. Plus they get to cut down on fans getting to spoilers, pre-air downloads, youtube links, etc, as well. Seems like a no-brainer. If they can do it...do it.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Sure, most of us would love the fact when SD goes live, but that won't happen because I think it'll be too expensive when they do RAW and SD both live each week. Especially when they also have a PPV that week on a Sunday.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I thought the live show was pretty good and that a lot of superstars benefited from the format.

However, for WWE, it's not so much an issue of quality as it is an issue of cost. Live shows are more expensive - that's been one of the main factors keeping SmackDown! taped for so many years.

Would I like to see it? Yes. Is it smart for WWE to do? I don't know the answer to that question. I'm not an insider, and unlike many people here, I'm not going to pretend to be.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
After all that hype and waiting for such a bad show, hell no. Give me spoilers. I want to know beforehand if I should tolerate what's on screen.
So you're saying it'd be best for WWE to tell people what's gonna happen on a show and risk ppl not watching over just having the show without spoilers and ppl who might not want to watch if they knew what would happen ends up watching it ?

·
Asuka
96,367 Posts
So you're saying it'd be best for WWE to tell people what's gonna happen on a show and risk ppl not watching over just having the show without spoilers and ppl who might not want to watch if they knew what would happen ends up watching it ?
Worked for years before now, didn't it?

I'm not saying what's "best" for them, either. I'm saying what I want, and I don't give a damn what's best for them, but for the record, I doubt it matters. SmackDown! will stay at the same level they're at now anyway, they aren't Raw.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Everything's better when it's live.

·
Registered
934 Posts
obviously I would like them to, it would be a bigger event

but the way they are sending Smackdown off to Syfy, and with NXT's future a bit hazy, I doubt it. They will probably turn Smackdown into a hybrid of what it already is and WWE Superstars. Expect a lot of wrestling and development of young talent on Smackdown.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts