Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like this new bully gimmick they've given him, and I think they could go places with him.

What do you guys think? I know his face gimmick never worked but his heel one really revamped the character

·
Registered
110 Posts
It seemed to me he was more popular when he was a face. I saw a lot of people wearing his shirts at a RAW I went to at the time, and a lot of people were doing the 'Feed Me More' chants. Now I think a lot of people are bored with him.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
what are you guys on? He was pushed exactly this time last year when he was facing punk in hell in a cell for the title. He also faced cena a few times and his push failed.

And to answer the question, no he doesn't deserve to be pushed again and from experience he never has deserved it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seemed to me he was more popular when he was a face. I saw a lot of people wearing his shirts at a RAW I went to at the time, and a lot of people were doing the 'Feed Me More' chants. Now I think a lot of people are bored with him.

I think his face gimmick was pretty ordinary, just another Goldberg.

This new jerk character reminds me of Deebo from Friday and I think it suits him.

It's early days seeing as he only adopted this gimick in August but he has the look of a great wrestler and a genuine heavyweight champion. Having said that I agree he does need to be built up properly to succeed

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what are you guys on? He was pushed exactly this time last year when he was facing punk in hell in a cell for the title. He also faced cena a few times and his push failed.

And to answer the question, no he doesn't deserve to be pushed again and from experience he never has deserved it.
but he has been revamped under a new gimick :p

remember The Rock was getting booed at first with his original gimick until he was revamped

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
His already had 2 decent pushes, I don't think it'll work soon.

Maybe in the future but not anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
17,208 Posts
yes. He was just paired with Heyman and he seems to be doing quite well for a guy who never had a word to say upon his initial push. From his interviews he seems highly invested in WWE, he's obviously physically motivated (he's huge), and he's doing a good job with the bully gimmick.

Wait and see and Ryback will probably be getting near Main Event before Elimination Chamber (then he'll get side lined for something else).

Reactions: doinktheclowns

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
He needs to learn how to be a safe worker before he gets another push.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^
he does look a little stiff but he can work on his moveset as he goes on. He has the look of a champion and I feel he can really go places with his character. Honestly considering we've had the likes of Batista as champion who had next to no charcater I don't see why Ryback can't be built up

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
As I've been watching NXT, I realize that Mason Ryan seems to have improved greatly in the ring. If they want a muscle bound freak on the main roster, they should promote Ryan and send Ryback back to NXT to learn how to be safer in the ring.

But that is based off of a dozen episodes of NXT on Hulu, so I could have missed some bad ring work by Ryan.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Bearing in mind he has already gone for the WWE title twice against Cena and Punk. Both times in the main event and both times in big stipulation matches.

Its no coincidence that following both of them feuds he was dropped back down to the mid card again. Had he torn up trees and made a massive impact then he would still be there now. The truth is both of his pushes could be considered failures and he dropped the ball when offered a golden opportunity. He obviously did something backstage that pissed some people of because he went on a losing streak and got given the Cryback gimmick.

He has potential and I'm not against him fulfilling that as there always needs to be fresh people at the top. Problem is he isn't getting any younger, he's nothing original and there are far more talented people of the roster. I feel that many people confuse the fact he is a big guy with being good but one doesn't imply the other. He has many fans that have great arguments and could sell snow to an eskimo. The most interesting thing Ryback has done is what he is doing now but that is largely due to the fact it involves Heyman.

You have to look at people who have had major pushes recently in Punk and Bryan. Both have become massively popular, over and become main event guys and I think that is largely due to the originality of their characters and the freshness of them breaking the mould of what is considered to be a main event star. Ryback on the other hand is nothing original and i've seen it all done many many times before and done better.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts