Votes: 25 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I would love to see a Reigns vs. Ambrose match, but in that case we get Brock/HHH IV and I don't wanna see that.

They do Reigns vs. HHH and the entire building will boo Roman and possibly the entire match as well, and that will pretty much take a gigantic dump on any plans to make Reigns a big babyface.

They do Ambrose vs. HHH and they'll have thrown the last few months of storytelling and build-up around Reigns and HHH out the window.

I don't even know what I would prefer to see.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Ambrose hasn't garnered momentum it's just the fact he's simply more popular than Reigns.
I don't believe that. Ambrose's interactions with Lesnar over the past couple of weeks have pushed him into the forefront. Sure, it's being done simply to make the outcome of the Fastlane main event seem like less of a sure thing, but that's irrelevant to whether or not it's gotten him more over with the fans. It has.

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
As the weeks go on and Dean continues to get much more fan support than Roman i wonder if it would be best for both their characters considering Reigns squashed Ambrose in 7 minutes at Survivor Series. After watching Brock on ESPN today i can't imagine him not being in the Main Event with HHH.
Great points and I happen to agree. Lesnar vs HHH for the WWE title makes all the sense in the world. Dean vs Roman Reigns would be a great feud. I don't know about Roman putting over Dean though. Ambrose would be best as the heel putting Reigns over with the fans. A great heel can get the fans to cheer the "face". The WWE has been ignoring this fact for the last few years, or more. Owens and Miz have proven this time and time again. You can generate real heat and get the fans to back the "face" you want them to cheer.

·
Registered
323 Posts
No he shouldn't. The money in the next 6 months is in Dean winning at fastlane, Roman going heel, Dean winning at 32 and then Dean Roman having a program until at least Summerslam.

Why does everyone want to rush everything? There is no reason why Reigns needs to put over Ambrose at Wrestlemania, and I would go further and say no reason to do it in 2016.

If the wwe are clever and with the right booking we could have a shield triple threat main event at 33 with Ambrose chasing what he has been chasing all year, Rollins trying to claim back what he never lost and Reigns defending something that people think he doesn't deserve. Why would you waste that a year early when there is so many other stories that could be told now that could lead to that?!

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I think he should, and I think there's a chance this might be coming to fruition.

It would be cool to see Dean Ambrose win at Fastlane, which causes Roman Reigns to go into heel-mode.

No more smirky Reigns. Pure badass, untameable, destructive Reigns. He'll go on a rampage for the next few weeks crushing everyone in his way saying he's the best and then...

DUNG!!!

Undertaker comes out and a feud ensues which concludes at WM32.

*A man can dream.*

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yeah, the guy with:
-The perfect/most marketeable look. The look of a professional wrestler (big muscles, nice height)
-An exciting and powerful moveset, comparable to the likes of the Rock, Stone Cold and John Cena
-Attitude Era badass aura and presence. He could go back in time to the Attitude Era and he would be as successful as he is now
-Decent mic skills, can deliver and gets the crowd excited everytime he threatens someone
-Every quality you need in a main eventer/face of the company. Could easily replace Cena and be even better than Cena with time
-Big credibility, has never lost. His look also helps to his credibility because he looks like a badass
-Loved by most of the crowd, all over the world, appeals to both new fans and old school fans

Should lose to the guy who:

-Looks like a geek/random fan from the crowd. Zero marketeability in his look
-Has zero muscle, has the body of a 9 year old boy
-Has one of the most cringeworthy gimmicks in the history of WWE
-Has one of the most cringeworthy movesets in the history of WWE
-Talks like he's retarded, drunk and high at the same time. Gets no reaction when he does a promo
-Mostly appeals only to horny fat Tumblr girls and smarks
-Has ZERO credibility. Has lost to everyone on the roster
-Has no qualities whatsoever to be a main eventer. Hell, he sucks even as a midcarder, he should be used as a jobber

:nah
Your gimmick sucks.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
17,956 Posts
I don't think they should even face at Wrestlemania this year.

I'm loving the slow burn of it all but I think they could really milk it. I'd personally have Reigns be the one who turns heel now. I was always pro-Ambrose heel turn as I feel he needs a character tweak but he's slowly changing from the cringey character we were used to seeing as he seems to have got a lot more serious since he's been given more of a spotlight. Reigns suits the corporate heel better so I'd have him spear Ambrose and get the win, signalling the end of their friendship.

Ambrose is obviously unhappy with this but The Authority tell him that he isn't getting a title shot because he lost in a number one contenders match so he isn't the number one contender. Reigns then wins the belt at Wrestlemania. The next night, he is officially crowned the new Champion, red carpet in the ring and Triple H comes out and presents him with the belt and says how this was the plan all along. How they had sat down and it was all a plan, a way to weaken Ambrose was to remove the one back up he had in Reigns and that what better way to usher in a new era than have the new face of the WWE defeat The Game on the grandest stage etc. etc. etc.

Ambrose comes out to a thunderous pop and says how he wants a shot at the title, we get a title match that very night between Ambrose and Reigns but Triple H confirms that he's the special guest referee, obvious fuckery ensues in the main event, HHH is knocked out, Ambrose hits Dirty Deeds, another ref comes out, Reigns kicks out etc. etc. etc all leads to HHH and Reigns pummeling Ambrose and eventually winning - Reigns/HHH say this was his last chance. Ambrose still floats around the main event scene, winning his feuds, still being the most over face on the roster etc and being booked strong.

All basically leads up to Rollins return as face. Rollins mentions how he wants a shot at something he never lost in the first place. We get a massive Summerslam main event between Rollins and Reigns etc and it all basically just culminates to the Shield triple threat encounter at Wrestlemania 33. I've basically just gone well off topic here but it's how I'd book everything as I feel it highlights both Ambrose and Reigns strengths and would be best for the company in the long run.

I think both should put eachother over with great story telling and great matches.

·
Banned
8,175 Posts
Roman should put over Dean as he is the better talent

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Great points and I happen to agree. Lesnar vs HHH for the WWE title makes all the sense in the world. Dean vs Roman Reigns would be a great feud. I don't know about Roman putting over Dean though. Ambrose would be best as the heel putting Reigns over with the fans. A great heel can get the fans to cheer the "face". The WWE has been ignoring this fact for the last few years, or more. Owens and Miz have proven this time and time again. You can generate real heat and get the fans to back the "face" you want them to cheer.
I just don't see the Shield guys as main event level stars.

HHH vs Brock is the best match available in terms of star power.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Reigns isn't putting anybody over for a long time and surely not his little buddy jobber to the stars Dean Ambrose.
Exactly. It baffles me how Ambrose is even there to begin with. I mean I just can't understand this. He's not a great wrestler. He looks like he hasn't bathed in 2 years. He's so cringeworthy on the mic. His fans complain that he's treated badly yet appears in every show, every PPV, has held a few belts already, main events in tag matches (lol) but still main events nonetheless, and yet they complain. But if midgets like Ziggler and Bryan can be champs, why not him too? I can't believe Vince would seriously want to go along with the idea but I wouldn't put it past him at this point.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Reigns should put over Ambrose

but it not happening even though I try to lie to myself that something will happen

·
FOTC
10,733 Posts
No. Reigns should get his WM win before anyone goes over on him. If you want Reigns to put someone over he should have more stock put in him — that way the eventual loss means something.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts