Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this idea in another thread about CM Punk and I thought it was an interesting idea.

When, not if, Orton goes over Punk, it will be the 4th time in a row he's been buried by a face in about a year and a half. He was made to look like a wuss in The Undertaker feud.
Rey went over him and his stable clean about 80 percent of the time.
The Big Show went over him and just about single handedly dismantled Punk's Straight Edge Society stable.
Right now, Cena has beat down Punk and the New Nexus several times, and it looks like Orton will be going over Punk.

I wish he would get a storyline reason to take a little time off, maybe a month or two, and come back free from baggage and stables and a 2 year long losing streak. Even though I love Punk, some time off after this Orton angle could help him out.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
No. All he needs is for them to just fucking COMMIT to pushing him instead like they do with most of the other heels. No time off, no nonsense, just start pushing him. Hard.

It's amazing how the WWE manages to misuse somebody the crowd loves so much. What other heel gets MASSIVE chants in the middle of him telling the crowd how stupid they are? Even if they turn him face, as long as he keeps getting mic time and is allowed to be himself, and they start pushing him, it can't be any worse than right now.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He the fastest guy to win 3 Heavyweight championships, and has 4 of them, but he has been booked very weak the last two years. I'd love to see him go over Randy Orton but I really don't see it happening.

Maybe they want him to be the new Jericho, the guy who can lose a lot and get people over but still maintain credibility, but if they keep booking him so weak he can't be the new Jericho.

·
Registered
11 Posts
While he is sure to lose the Orton feud it doesnt mean he will be buried. By the simple fact that they're pushing Orton so hard right now it won't be like last year then Punk got a 6 mins match. Just because he is feuding with Orton the match should get enough time. And knowing how good of a wrestler Punk is, and Orton himself being quite good we are almost guaranteed to a great match. I guess what I'm saying is that the fact that he's feuding with Orton is a push itself for CM. Also, don't forget that officialy Punk has won all his matches with Cena so we're almost guartanteed to get CM VS Cena feud after WM. And if feuding with two of the hottest faces isn't a push I dont know what is.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
He the fastest guy to win 3 Heavyweight championships, and has 4 of them, but he has been booked very weak the last two years. I'd love to see him go over Randy Orton but I really don't see it happening.

Maybe they want him to be the new Jericho, the guy who can lose a lot and get people over but still maintain credibility, but if they keep booking him so weak he can't be the new Jericho.
He has 3 world titles, not 4.

He can definately be the new Jericho because the entire point of Jericho was that he had no credibility level. On any given night, he could lose to a jobber from Superstars or win a world title. Punk is the same way, but booking him as the new Jericho is a complete disservice to him, because, like Jericho, he's better than being used as cannon fodder. Just because a guy is SO far ahead of the rest of the roster in talent, doesn't mean he should be used to put people over just because he won't lose credibility like other people. He's being PUNISHED for being TOO GOOD. Think about that. It's absolutely disgusting that Miz is getting a bigger push than Punk, and that's coming from a gigantic Miz fan. If you took 25% of Punk's talent away, he'd probably have 5 world title reigns by now. I REALLY don't understand it...

·
The Man Comes Around
8,496 Posts
He's back since not even 2 months after the hip surgery... i don't see no reason why he should take a breather and put the main heel of the roster on the sideline

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I know what he was including, I just don't count it.

To me, only 4 titles in the history of wrestling count as genuine "world titles". WWE Championship, WWE World Heavyweight Championship, WCW Championship, and NWA Championship.....but, the NWA Championship before WCW split from the NWA and it became meaningless, so Christian, unfortunately does not qualify as a world champion.

I don't count TNA, I don't count ROH, I don't count AWA, and I certainly don't count ECW, original or WWE's version.

Hell, WWE proclaimed DIRECTLY that the ECW Championship wasn't a world title when they had Christian cut a promo with Edge last year talking about how he'd never been world champion...

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Is it just me or is putting punk with Orton and now cena just a shameless way to get elitist fans invested in matchups involving the two big faces?

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
No. All he needs is for them to just fucking COMMIT to pushing him instead like they do with most of the other heels. No time off, no nonsense, just start pushing him. Hard.

It's amazing how the WWE manages to misuse somebody the crowd loves so much. What other heel gets MASSIVE chants in the middle of him telling the crowd how stupid they are? Even if they turn him face, as long as he keeps getting mic time and is allowed to be himself, and they start pushing him, it can't be any worse than right now.
Your totally right, Cm punk is one of the best superstars in the WWE they just need to push him maybe after WM give him the title.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Your totally right, Cm punk is one of the best superstars in the WWE they just need to push him maybe after WM give him the title.
Quite right. I'm always dying to see Punk get another reign, but particularly now because he's on the same brand as the WWE Championship, and even though he has World Heavyweight Championship reigns on his record, I REALLY want him to get at least 1 run with the WWE Championship, seeing as how that is the official company world title.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It just feels like there's something/someone behind it all that just doesn't fancy him. I don't think anyone doubts his mic skills and he can hold it with the best in the ring. He looked fully set for the main-event Mania and seems to have dropped down to the second top match from Raw. What happened there?! Do they not have faith in him carrying off the main feud of the year (would be surprising since they're giving ADR and Miz the chance!). It's a difficult one to call, would love him to be given the proper run at the top that he deserves.

As for the original question, I don't really see what a break would do for him exactly. We're all fully aware of his capabilities (as are the creative team) and I don't think a break would make a difference really.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Uh, no, he shouldn't, he's one of the main reasons to watch Raw nowadays.

·
WindUp
163 Posts
they should just release him, rehire hulk hogan as a heel

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Personally even though I like the miz i think the WWE would of given CM punk the title instead of the miz if Punk wasan't injured for a few months.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
The thing about Punk, he is entertaining in loss as much as he is in victory, he is a heel as well, they don't win feuds the majority of the time.

There is no need to worry about Punk or any need for him to take time off, he can feud with anyone after Orton, from all the way up to Triple H or down the mid card with Daniel Bryan or Evan Bourne.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
he just had some time off, use your brain.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
The thing about Punk, he is entertaining in loss as much as he is in victory, he is a heel as well, they don't win feuds the majority of the time.

There is no need to worry about Punk or any need for him to take time off, he can feud with anyone after Orton, from all the way up to Triple H or down the mid card with Daniel Bryan or Evan Bourne.
Heels may not often win "feuds", but they still get pushed majorly. Despite being in major programs, Punk isn't being pushed majorly. He's basically just fodder that WWE throws at Cena or Orton when they need something for them to do. He's being booked like the R-Truth of main event heels.

Feuding with the likes of Daniel Bryan and Evan Bourne is beneath a wrestler the calibur of Punk and would definately be cause for worry. He should be getting no less than the top programs. They have no one else who can handle the top programs better than he can.

·
Registered
998 Posts
punks been going over both cena and orton for fucksake

1 - 20 of 44 Posts