Wrestling Forum banner

Should Punk be playing the role Cena is in against Laurinatis?

1K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  Vyed 
#1 ·
The promos would be a lot better and seem more personal imo. Of course that doesn't mean Punk shouldn't feud with Bryan but put it off till Summerslam or something.

#3 ·
I do think that the first Punk/Johnny feud should've went differently. But this current program fits Cena better IMO b/c Johnny did try to take Cena out with Lesnar and Cena did "ruin" JOhnny vision of a new WWE with Lesnar (kayfabe)

#6 ·
Not if a feud with Bryan is the alternative. Although I like "Dashing" CJ's suggestion of Laurinaitis in Bryan's corner.

At the end of the day Cena is the main focus whether he's WWE Champ or not and will always be held in top priority. If CM Punk was feuding with Laurinaitis, Cena's feud with <insert name here> would still be given more time.

#7 ·
We've already seen it and Punk won. Johnny A already tried to strip the title of him and put obsticles on Punk, but he won. Don't wanna relive that again, btw nobody bought Ace as a threat to Punk and his title reign.

#9 ·
I was thinking about that too. It's kinda weird what was going on with Punk last year: Nash match dropped, Johnny feud dropped, suddenly cool with HHH, suddenly cool with Cena, suddenly tagging with Orton who he tried to destroy earlier in the year . . just really a mess.

On the other hand, I don't think anyone wants to feud with Johnny. Any match with Johnny will probably be a train wreck.

#12 ·
It makes a lot more sense. Or it made alot more sense, back when they were feuding in January. I just don't get how Johnny snaps at Cena like that, when Punk spent weeks basically calling him a waste of life and Johnny never really did anything. But whatever. Punk's had good PPV matches this year, I wouldn't swap any of them for an overbooked clusterfuck with Funkman.

#17 ·
As lame as it was at times, there still needed to be some kind of closure in the Punk/Johnny feud. Was it that terrible GTS that Ace no-sold?

Frankly, I say let Cena feud with Ace, while Punk has great matches with the likes of Jericho and Daniel Bryan. The real issue at hand is how the WWE Title has taken a backseat to anything Cena-related in recent months. The feud with Kane, feud with Rock, feud with Brock. They don't honestly expect people to buy Cena/Ace in the main event of this coming PPV, do they?

#18 ·
We should have had punk hold the wwe title hostage for a couple of months. Then have him return at survivor series at MSG, all culminating towards a rebellious/controversial Face Punk vs. Heel COO HHH at Wrestlemania.

Would have put punk over HUGE and made him a big time star.

.....one of the biggest wasted opportunities in a long time because wwe wanted to rush the feud so they could get a buyrate for summerslam when cena vs. mysterio for the title at Summerslam would have been just fine.

Ending of course with punk either interfering at the end by running through the crowd and attacking cena or cutting a promo on the titantron to cena.

Laurinatis vs cena is going to be DREADFUL

#20 ·
Right now The IWC are about to get their very own wet dream come true with the most popular face against the most popular heel in Punk/Danielson in a main event feud over the WWE title yet people are questioning whether we should get a continuation of the horrible Punk/Ace feud instead. If given twenty minutes on a PPV in a match for the WWE title i think it is quite plausible that we will see the best match of the year and potentially a official five star match at that. Punk/Danielson will provide some great promos seeing as Bryan Danielson has really upped his mic work and CM Punk is CM Punk so for me i don't think there isn't a question.

People want John Cena out of the WWE title picture and his involvement with Johnny Ace provides just that unless Lord Tensai relieves CM Punk of the WWE title anytime soon and then Cena/Tensai becomes the WWE title feud. Basically everything makes sense because CM Punk needs a new challenger seeing as Punk/Jericho seems over, Bryan Danielson is staying in a main event feud and firmly in the spotlight, John Cena beat Brock Lesnar and therefore messed up Johnny Ace's plans for WWE and Johnny Ace wants revenge.

The way things are lined up John Cena will be taken out by Lord Tensai at Over The Limit meaning a month or so or until the next PPV off screen before Cena/Tensai becomes a proper feud with Johnny Ace still being involved and could even mean after Triple H/Lesnar us seeing a Cena/Lesnar rematch and Brock Lesnar getting his win back. Whatever way you look at it the main sticking point is that John Cena isn't involved in the WWE title scene but because he is the biggest star in the industry he is still obviously going to be involved in a major storyline.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.