Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I think it should as it gives chance to more lower-mid carders to actually get PPV matches every so often and it would also mean that WWE couldn't focus on just the one storyline. I guess they could give more build-up to big matches and possibly stretch out successful storylines a bit longer. However, it may not work with all these shitty gimmick match based PPV's such as Fatal 4 Way and TLC.

What are your thoughts? I'd be interested to hear them.

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
Single branded PPVs would allow for better and longer development of storylines on both brands, and would give upcoming midcarders the platform they desperately need to become exposed to the casual audience and slowly be propelled into the main event.

That is why it WON'T happen.

·
Premium Member
15,439 Posts
The roster is hardly deep enough for them to have enough single brand feuds that people give a shit about. Do we really want to see jobbers like Primo having PPV matches?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The roster is hardly deep enough for them to have enough single brand feuds that people give a shit about. Do we really want to see jobbers like Primo having PPV matches?
But the main reason the rosters are so shallow is because of the co-branded PPV's. With single-branded PPV's, WWE was forced to keep each brand looking strong, have 6-7 feuds going on at once, and keep midcarders and main eventers familiar and over with the fans. With the current format they've been able to get lazy, stack every card with the same old main eventers, have 2-3 fueds going on at once, and leave everyone else as jobbers nobody knows or cares about, waiting to get a chance or get released.

In terms of building a strong roster, meaningful weekly and PPV programming, and a strong future for WWE's main event and midcard, single-branded PPV's are really the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
15,439 Posts
no the reason the roster is shallow is because only about 10-15 guys are talented enough to carry a PPV feud. The rest of them are talentless FCW clones. This is why the brand extension should just be ended, in 2002 they had about 40-50 talented guys contracted, now the talent pool is shit.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I'm in the middle with this.

On one side, you have the ability to gain more exposure to the mid-carders and lower mid-carders, and give them some more TV time and give them their time to shine.

But on the other hand, WWE's buyrates are low with both rosters on a PPV. Having a PPV with just one roster will make them even lower.

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
I hated the single branded ppvs, they need to stay single branded and the rosters need to merge as well, while we're on topic.

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts
I hated the single branded ppvs, they need to stay single branded and the rosters need to merge as well, while we're on topic.
this.....

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I think that in either 2011 or 2012 they will re-merge the rosters.

Just look at it now, you already have a show were both RAW and Smackdown superstars compete and every week there are Smackdown superstars on RAW and RAW on Smackdown. They've unified the Tag Titles as well as Divas titles and I think the IC/US titles are next.

They're slowly heading back to that direction, sadly, because I remember the days when RAW & Smackdown were independent and booked to be serious rivals. Where the RAW GM would go to Smackdown and try to "steal" some of their talent away. Or the days where seeing a RAW superstar on Smackdown would be a rare occurrence. All thanks to ECW.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes! Also while they are at it. Change the PPV names back to their original names. Going to WWE Armageddon sounds so much cooler than going to WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
PPVs shouldn't go single branded. I remember how much people here hated it,now suddenly they want it back again....

If anything, WWE should just have 10 interpromo ppvs and 2 single branded ppvs(so 1 each per show. I'm thinking October is Raw, December is SD). And maybe have bragging rights earlier on in the year(like may or june) and the winner gets not only the bragging rights trophy, but the next ppv is exclusive for the winning brand(so that ppv happens in july. Meaning the losing show will end up having a huge summer show before SS since they miss out on a ppv)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Nah. I like seeing something from both brands every month.

Besides, brand split might end soon.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
YES. Because we won't have to see the same "DQ/Countout finish, rematch next month" BS that WWE always pull on us. Plus it gives midcarders a chance to shine and get over.

·
Banned
311 Posts
This is actually a very good idea, but the problem is that the Smackdown and Raw brands alone, don't have the star power they need to have single brand pay-per-views. It would definitely give much more exposure to most of the roster one each brand but it just can't happen with the current star power that WWE has. They don't have Rocky, Stone Cold, Taker, Michaels, (soon) Triple H back in the wings waiting to be called on. It's a big problem that needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Who are the main guys on Smackdown. Oh right Kane, Edge, Mysterio, Christian, Big Show...

None of them are drawing anything. I can't even imagine how awful a Smackdown only PPV would be, especially with no main event match that would be worth watching.

Yes the undercard would get a chance to work on ppv but nobody would be watching them.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
It depends if Batista is returning or not. We don't need another main event loser.

Who are the main guys on Smackdown. Oh right Kane, Edge, Mysterio, Christian, Big Show...

None of them are drawing anything. I can't even imagine how awful a Smackdown only PPV would be, especially with no main event match that would be worth watching.
You forgot Swagger, Taker, Del Rio. Anyways, that's a lot of star power. Mysterio, Edge, Kane, Taker, Show, Christian and Swagger are HUGE.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts