Wrestling Forum banner

Should Old School RAW Be Done Annual Each Year?

• No

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should the WWE do an "Old School" RAW annually each year or would it lose it's appeal?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I think it would lose it's appeal after awhile, so I said no. Even though the Old School episode of Raw was a fantastic show and I enjoyed all three hours of it. It could possibly happen one or two more times at the most in my opinion. But overall I don't think an annual Old School Raw deal would be the best. I do want to see the block letters return though as a logo. Even if they make the F into an E.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Definetely not annual. We see a lot of the Legends yearly in other contexts so there doesn't need to be an entire night dedicated to them every year. I honestly didn't think that many of them added anything to the show anyway and the crowd had no idea who some of them were or didn't care even if they did.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I wouldn't mind if they went with the set overhaul once a year.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Yes. I think WWE fans need a reminder of what great superstars look like. It'll help us hold the current guys to a higher standard.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Maybe like every 16-20 months

I just wouldn't want it to become standard.... and they'd have to cycle out the guys. I can only mark for IRS , Ted and Dusty so many times.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts

I just wouldn't want it to become standard.... and they'd have to cycle out the guys. I can only mark for IRS , Ted and Dusty so many times.
This.

And only if they wouldn't have the legends making a bunch of appearances throughout the year because then it won't feel as special.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Yes, even if it would get old, you can use different stars. It doesn't have to be the same ones all the time. I'm all for having something like last night annually, since it was the best Raw in about 2 years. At least we will have one Raw a year, at least, that is good.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
I voted no, every 2 years would be fine, but not every year... TBH I'd be happy with not another one until the 20th anniversary, the only problem I have with these types of show is, once you've seen the legends return once, you'll keep seeing them, because all the legends that meant a dam (not saying those last night weren't cool) hate vince or are dead or in TNA.

So yeah every couple years is fine by me.

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts

This. It would start to feel less of a big deal if done annually.

·
@CMSean23
2,059 Posts
I liked Old School RAW, was nice for a change. Something different. Would it get boring after a while, maybe. But if they do more of these type of "theme" nights, it could be a good thing. Just to mix it up a little. So I voted; YES.

·
Registered
405 Posts
yes, but pick an era for a certain old school raw. 1994; attitude era, early 2000's, 2005.
This! Maybe 2005 is a tad recent, but an Attitude Era Raw would be great! The guys from that era are probably slightly better remembered than the guys from 20+ Years ago, although an Attitude Raw in a PG Era would be quite tough to do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts