Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was actually expecting him to come out wearing his black short tights again.

Wasn’t really a fan of NJPW look but it actually grew on me.

Do you guys reckon it’s better if he switches to the traditional gear

Or stay with this Merc style patched camo look?

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
I was hoping he came out in the NJPW gear, I swear he emphasised that he wanted to get rid of the pants because they're uncomfortable. I have a feeling it was only for the non-sanctioned match, well I'm hoping. We probably won't see Moxley again until All Out. I think he has the G1 during FFTF if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
23,372 Posts
Like others have said, I'd like to think he used that look since it was an unsanctioned match.

In the future I hope the NJPW gear is his normal gear and his look last night with the pants and vest is what he wears when he's not wrestling. I'll say he makes either look work though, so it's not a huge deal either way.

·
Banned
5,274 Posts
"Thumb tacks and barbed wire? Yeah I think I'll wear me ole jeans."

I was more perturbed by the Death Rider being renamed the Paradigm Shift.

·
Registered
23,372 Posts
"Thumb tacks and barbed wire? Yeah I think I'll wear me ole jeans."

I was more perturbed by the Death Rider being renamed the Paradigm Shift.
Maybe the term "Death Rider" is purely a NJPW thing.

I mean personally I would just keep the original DDT as the Dirty Deeds and the super version the Death Rider.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, nobody should ever wear trunks in my opinion.

Never got why some fans like to see men wrestling in underwear.
I’m a straight guy, but he just looks better with the trunks... well are they even trunks? They’re more like Goldberg style short tights rather than Stonecold style “underwear” tights.

I guess the idea of a wrestler dressing all traditional but going out there and battering his opponent hardcore style with weapons like he did against Juice Robison is a pretty cool concept to me

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I think the pants, overall, is a much better look but I get why he might go for the shorts. It gives a more "I'm here to wrestle" vibe, and he's one of the rare people that actually pull it off. I'm surprised by how okay I am with it since I hate trunks so much. Maybe it's because they're more on the "shorts" side.

Regardless of what he goes for, I think when he's not wrestling he should always have his AEW look with the pants. Use it when he cuts promos and all that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think the pants, overall, is a much better look but I get why he might go for the shorts. It gives a more "I'm here to wrestle" vibe, and he's one of the rare people that actually pull it off. I'm surprised by how okay I am with it since I hate trunks so much. Maybe it's because they're more on the "shorts" side.

Regardless of what he goes for, I think when he's not wrestling he should always have his AEW look with the pants. Use it when he cuts promos and all that.
But I think that Jon fits more in a hardcore street fighter persona and the pants are going to take away this attitude.

NJPW trademarked that stuff. Melzer talked about this today.
If I was Moxley I would going crazy; why register my finisher name? is mine, I have a rights to this. It's seems that the NJPW wants to gain some dirty money exploiting the success of Jon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts