Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morison just got destroyed, I can't see him ever recovering
from this, should he just leave once his contract expires, I feel sorry for him, he's such good
talent. He should just go to TNA where they will make him world champion.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
He won't be employed by the WWE by the end of 2011.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
it's a shame tbh, Someone so talented in the ring being jobbed. Just turn him heel and put him in the conspiracy stable.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Even if he's going to be let go, he's being professional about it. He doesn't just sandbag in the ring. He does some pretty good moves in the ring, the crowd pops here and there, and he never has a disgruntled look about him even though he knows whats going on. He uses his few minutes and lands a few good spots here and there. I respect that about him.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Even if he's going to be let go, he's being professional about it. He doesn't just sandbag in the ring. He does some pretty good moves in the ring, the crowd pops here and there, and he never has a disgruntled look about him even though he knows whats going on. He uses his few minutes and lands a few good spots here and there. I respect that about him.
Theres still hope for him to resign if he has a good showing.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
JoMo's contract is just about up so he's getting dumped on, just like Sheamus was before he re-signed. He'd be in a lot worse shape if he wasn't making any appearances.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Theres still hope for him to resign if he has a good showing.
Even as a fan of him, I gotta wonder why should he? Here's what the WWE has done to him in the last year:

Made him #1 contender to the WWE championship, only to lose his title match on raw
Let him "wow" the crowd at the Royal Rumble, only to be eliminated early
Let him "wow" the crowd at Elimination Chamber, only to lose cleanly to a heel
Wrestlemania match consisting of Trish Stratus and Michelle Mccool going at it for 3 minutes
Triple Threat Cage match for the WWE Title, only for R Truth to take him out during the match
Big return in June, hyped by Stone Cold, and he doesn't even make it to the ring
Big return in late july with a promo video, and he gets beaten cleanly by the guy who injured him
Randomly showed up, with no storyline at all, in a couple of mid-card title matches, lost cleanly each time.
Absolutely buried nonstop, for no good reason, the last month
Has won less than 5 matches cleanly by himself (aka, no tag partners winning for him) since May, maybe even April.

If this were a case of like, HHH in '96, or pretty much any situation where there was any reason to have faith that things would turn around, he should sign. I obviously don't know everything that goes on backstage. But when I can only think of maybe 2 storylines he's had the last year, and that's including R Truth burying him on his return, why should he resign with wwe?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
JoMo's contract is just about up so he's getting dumped on, just like Sheamus was before he re-signed. He'd be in a lot worse shape if he wasn't making any appearances.
This to be honest.

I'd be surprised as shit if Morrison was let go. He's a company guy, and no matter what Vince loves that because it makes him money. He can continue to shift Morrison from promising talent to squashable weakling and Morrison will stay around until 15 years down the line Vince throws him a "thank you" reign for his loyalty.

Thats just how the business works.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I think WWE is done with John Morrison. There's many people it seems WWE is putting more stock in than other guys other than Morrison. Guy's like Ziggler, Rhodes, Zack Ryder, and even Brodus Clay who's getting vignette's seems to be who WWE is putting stock in.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
He'll be fine. He still gets a massive pop despite jobbing constantly, and even tonights "burial" was to a group of heels that are commanding a shitton of attention.

Maybe the entire plan is to job him out until that fan support goes away and they have an excuse, but for the time being he's still really popular, so I don't see him going anywhere for a while.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
if anything, i think it's wwe toughening him out. he's been lousy all summer so they're making him job to see if he really wants it

that being said, he should just join vickie and turn heel

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yes, he should come to TNA to see if they can do anything with his character. If there is one thing the WWE is not good at these days, its character development. Elija Burke got released because they had no idea what to do with him. He goes to TNA and becomes "The Pope" and has had some great runs as a face and a heel. I would love to see JoMo vs. AJ Styles! Needs to work on his microphone skills, obviously. He has it in the ring.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
Big return in late july with a promo video, and he gets beaten cleanly by the guy who injured him
Randomly showed up, with no storyline at all, in a couple of mid-card title matches, lost cleanly each time.
Has won less than 5 matches cleanly by himself (aka, no tag partners winning for him) since May, maybe even April.

Ok, serious question...why is losing cleanly a bad thing?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Yes, he should come to TNA to see if they can do anything with his character. If there is one thing the WWE is not good at these days, its character development. Elija Burke got released because they had no idea what to do with him. He goes to TNA and becomes "The Pope" and has had some great runs as a face and a heel. I would love to see JoMo vs. AJ Styles! Needs to work on his microphone skills, obviously. He has it in the ring.
And where's The Pope now?

Morrison would do better in TNA because they will only push him because he's former WWE employee.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Ok, serious question...why is losing cleanly a bad thing?
Because in the IWC, a person has to be on a undefeated streak or they are buried. Then, if that said superstar went on a undefeated streak, they would hate him anyway.

The IWC's knowledge of professional wrestling is sad and often made fun of because it's basically a place where people act like they know what their talking about, but are completely wrong and biased about everything that they think.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts