Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,234 Posts
WHAT!

Absolutely not. They did great back then. Now they both need to go their separate ways. If they formed their old team, they'd be over in NXT 4 life. But if they formed on Raw, not enough people would recognize them and they'd be just another tag team in the WWE right now.

They're both talented enough to go single now. Especially Cesaro, I don't want anything to stunt his current success.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cotmas and Shepard

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,124 Posts
Not gonna happen anytime soon. Cesaro should get a strong singles push, but unfortunately he's been stuck with Swagger and losing one on one matches with Santino. Ohno is almost 34 and ( this is coming from me, a Hero fan) judging by his attitude and performance overall in developmental I can't see him making the main roster this year or maybe even next year.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
...if they do it right, maybe. Perhaps if they started showing tension between the real americans and Cesaro attacked swagger after losing so many times and said that I'm through with you and said that hes was bringing in a friend of his to be his new tag team partner, he would challenge him and a new member of the real Americans to a match at a ppv. And that would be the debut of kassius ohno, possibly bring in Sara del ray as their manager and ohnos possible girlfriend. Thus, we would finally have both the kings of wrestling and Sara del ray as a part of the main roster and as active wrestlers. I mean, oh no and del ray were intergender tag team champions of the world at one point right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,474 Posts
Why would they be together ? Cesaro is already in a team and it would make no sense to have them together ... but if they turned Cesaro and then have a feud between him and Ohno, that could be gold. I would love a " remix " of Jericho vs Benoit for the IC Title in 2001
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,308 Posts
No, they are getting Cesaro ready for a push by getting him over with his ring work. Ohno will be OK in the solo category.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
When Claudio was doing the "no American can beat me" gimmick they should have debuted Hero and have he start working a program about him saying how Claudio left him in the minor leagues (indies being signed first, and nxt being called up first). Have Claudio get the edge on Hero all before they have a match beating the shit out of him. Or have matches and have them end in no contests or Claudio winning cheaply. Eventually having Hero beating and getting over as a face. But at the end of their match shake hands showing respect for each other. Then eventually have them join together and tag after Hero dropped the US Title.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,509 Posts
Why do people want these indy feuds and storylines to be brought to the main roster? fpalm

Just no.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,229 Posts
I don't necessarily want indy feuds and story lines, just a team that happened to exist at one point in the indies. Why? because they were that fucking good. One of the best teams with excellent chemistry and a unique arsenal of double team moves. Seeing Cesaro and Ohno team together on a grander stage is too alluring to pass up.

I would've had them debut as a team, and possibly with someone like Heyman as their mouth piece. I would've given them a solid 2-3 year run as a top tag team and then have them split up for a feud. Something like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
It would be nice to see a staredown during the royal rumble match when everyone else was down to see how the casuals would react and have many people actually know them in the crowd.

Wow hero is 34 years old ? Thought he was younger
 

·
Fire, walk with me
Joined
·
8,000 Posts
Not a chance. Cesaro is way above that level right now. Let him continue to do his own thing and be great at it. If Ohno ever gets called up then he should try and do the same.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,118 Posts
No. Absolutely not. This gets suggested way too often.

Cesaro is leagues ahead of Ohno as an all-rounder and deserves a massive singles push. Ohno is lucky to have a job with WWE right now given his position and such.

Also the team under WWE would be nothing like the original and would suck in comparison anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
No Cesaro has put his time in and deserves a strong singles push as IC or even WHC. Turn him face and have him be Sandow's first feud after he cashes in. if you want to debut Ohno in a team right now Even Bourne would be a good tag partner for him I think. their finish set up could be the KO elbow into the Bourne's moonsault.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,718 Posts
About 1% of all wrestling audiences know they were ever a team, the remaining 99% probably include people like Vince McMahon. It happened, it's over, no one really cares, move on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
I'm all for it, it'll help the tag team division a lot (if booked properly). Though, I'll always say Ohno would have been better as the next Heyman guy instead of Ryback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,570 Posts
He can be a stooge in the Wyatt family or take Cesaro's place in the Real Americans and kinda feud with thim that way. I don't see much else for him at this point.
 

·
What?
Joined
·
13,511 Posts
Using indy storylines as the basis for WWE storylines especially as a feuding point rarely pans out well. If they are feuding in 10 years and briefly mention it in one promo that's one thing, but to base an entire feud around something 1% of the fans know about it something entirely different. Aside from the fact Cesaro isn't in a great position of prominence on the card; Hero debuting on Raw and attacking Cesaro for no reason wouldn't really garner him any sort of pop or anything as he's completely unknown.

Then you'd have Hero come out and explain himself to a chorus of confusion as nobody really cares *that* much about Cesaro to hate anybody who gives him what for etc. There's a good reason they don't debut people like that. It works for a returning or a unlikely babyface challenge (someone who already has an established fan base) but it just flat out doesn't work for a debut.

That's aside from the fact I think Hero will get released within 6-12 months anyway. He's been decidedly average at BEST since coming to WWE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,229 Posts
About 1% of all wrestling audiences know they were ever a team, the remaining 99% probably include people like Vince McMahon. It happened, it's over, no one really cares, move on.
It'll be their loss I guess.

Using indy storylines as the basis for WWE storylines especially as a feuding point rarely pans out well. If they are feuding in 10 years and briefly mention it in one promo that's one thing, but to base an entire feud around something 1% of the fans know about it something entirely different. Aside from the fact Cesaro isn't in a great position of prominence on the card; Hero debuting on Raw and attacking Cesaro for no reason wouldn't really garner him any sort of pop or anything as he's completely unknown.

Then you'd have Hero come out and explain himself to a chorus of confusion as nobody really cares *that* much about Cesaro to hate anybody who gives him what for etc. There's a good reason they don't debut people like that. It works for a returning or a unlikely babyface challenge (someone who already has an established fan base) but it just flat out doesn't work for a debut.

That's aside from the fact I think Hero will get released within 6-12 months anyway. He's been decidedly average at BEST since coming to WWE.
Released for being average? Yeah, in a company where Curtis Axel is with Paul Heyman AND holding the Intercontinental title. Kassius Ohno has been a lot better in FCW and NXT than Axel ever was, and all I've heard is that they like Ohno's work in the ring and on the mic. The only thing that could've ruined his chances was the so-called "attitude problem", but it looks like he's turned that around based on the recent match with Luke Harper. Also, there are other ways to form a tag team aside from the ones you criticized in your post.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top