Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Baby Yoda
29,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Watching Kurt at SS was tough, it's evident he cannot go anymore and that he should work at most 2 more matches.

It would be good to come back full circle and it would be fitting for it to be Cena who retires him after having debuted against Kurt. That way both get a big match and the fans don't have to suffer through Angle-HHH and Cena-Jinder at WM, this eaves room for Braun-HHH at WM as well. If they really want to work an Angle-HHH program, they do it at The Rumble.

·
♚
1,109 Posts
Re: Should Cena retire Kurt Angle at WM?

I don't really want to see HHH vs Braun. HHH has put guys over for years. Respect for doing that. But in kayfabe it makes him look sort've weak.. losing his only match year after year. I'd be fine with HHH & Angle. A throwback match and Angle can retire after it.

I wouldn't care much for a Cena/Angle match in all honesty.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts

Better than ''tag along'' HHH the doofus son in law and his wife Stephanie the boss'daughter, indeed...
The history between Cena and Kurt was more entertaining also.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts

It wasn't good 12 years ago, it won't be good this time, or in other words, I don't think there's anybody on earth who wants to see this or the match against HHH. Kurt needs someone who can sadly carry him and get the best match out of him, Samoa Joe probably? I don't think they have any plans for him so that is better than nothing.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,110 Posts

This would be a good way to turn Cena Heel if there was ever one, to be honest.

The way Angle moved at SvS though, a match between the two would be pretty painful to watch. Cena was visibly slowing his pace for Kurt, and it was really hard to watch because I love the guy.

But on that note, I probably wouldn't care about the match all that much. The story would be more important to me, with Angles retirement at stake. I'd be interested in the build-up to this match. How Cena would play his character, and if they'd take a leap at him changing aspects of it.

Looks like they plan to do HHH/Angle though, so pretty pointless to think about this. I think Angle has only one 1 big WM match left in him max, and that's it.

It wasn't good 12 years ago, it won't be good this time, or in other words, I don't think there's anybody on earth who wants to see this or the match against HHH. Kurt needs someone who can sadly carry him and get the best match out of him, Samoa Joe probably? I don't think they have any plans for him so that is better than nothing.
I actually really enjoyed some of Cena & Angles matches. It would be a far cry from that now though, with where they are both at in their careers. Their Number 1 Contender match at No Way Out 2005 for the right to face JBL at WrestleMania 21 is a pretty underrated match from a forgettable PPV.

·
IRAN #1
2,429 Posts

I'd much rather see Cena win his 17th World Title, rather than facing Angle in a boring match.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts

No.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts

I’d be ok with this. The back story is there so why not use it? To me, it makes a lot more sense than HHH if that’s what the alternative is. Angles career vs Cena necer getting a shit to beak Ric’s record if he loses. Cena could go into it reluctantly but at the end if the do what he has to do with Angles blessing. Slight variation from the Ric and Shawn story, but I could work. Now, that being said, I’d prefer Kurt not to do it, but that seems inevitable at this point.

Reactions: Ace

·
The Man Comes Around
8,486 Posts

Poor Kurt needs to retire by himself.... poor guy looked like he couldn't barely walk at some point sunday

·
Registered
5,439 Posts

Better Cena does it before the undertaker, and in this case undertaker is a real undertaker. Angle looks horrible. He should not be allowed in a ring for his own good and that of the people in the ring with him. When he invented the two...wait for it....three amigos at SS it was a sad sight.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

Rusev should retire him on July 4th

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts

I think he should face AJ personally, least AJ could do the "wow" moments of the match to take the pressure and attention off angles slower state but thats not happening.

I really dont know, cena would be a safe option and with kurt like he is, its probably best to edge on the side of safety rather than an interesting match up. IMO kurt deserves that last match at mania, ok it might not be great but if its what he wants then let him do it, hes out of time at this point, its not like he can leave it a few years, if he wants to go out on one last match at mania then Im cool with that.

·
Baby Yoda
29,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I think he should face AJ personally, least AJ could do the "wow" moments of the match to take the pressure and attention off angles slower state but thats not happening.
Different shows and do you want to see AJ work his 3 WMs against guys who are past their prime when he himself has at best 2 WMs left.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts

Different shows and do you want to see AJ work his 3 WMs against guys who are past their prime when he himself has at best 2 WMs left.
well not really and as I say it wouldnt happen, Im just thinking of who could possibly get the best out of what kurts got left and AJ would be up there, HHH for example would be safe but I know that match would hardly be great at all because HHH isnt a guy that can save a match so to speak.

AJ has just got a talent for getting decent matches out of people that a lot would struggle with, kurt is very limited at this point so if anyone could have at least a hope of getting something half decent out of him it would be AJ.

you could say the same about cena for not having many WMs left, hes hardly going to be around much longer.

·
Wicked World
5,772 Posts

In some ways it would be fitting, but overall no.

I don't know, maybe Brock Lesnar should retire Angle? I mean, Lesnar was Angle's biggest athletic competitor in WWE, and they had great matches together. Of course that'd give Lesnar a massive second notch, first being ending The Streak...so not sure how I feel bout it in those terms. Purely on a wrestling standpoint, based off their great 2003 rivalry & athletic similarities, it'd make sense overall. There really isn't anybody else in WWE right now that I'd deem qualified, and also has a good past link to Angle.

Edit: After reading some previous posts, I forgot about AJ Styles haha. I don't really follow modern wrestling, so I forget that he's in the 'E nowadays haha.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts

No. It's going to be HHH/Angle anyways so no point in debating it (or a chance it's HHH/Braun). 0% chance Angle/Cena is on the table.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts