Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People say WWE championships have lost value
The main feud is between Cena vs Lesnar and if they fight for WWE title,it makes title more valuable
Instead,the championship battle is between Punk and Jericho,who are mid-carders to be honest compared to Cena and Lesnar

The title meant so much before.
HHH in evolution was an example.His career was based on the fact that time on being champion

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
CM Punk has more talent than John Cena and Brock Lesnar combined. He is a great WWE champion.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,621 Posts
I do not think he should be WWE Champion for a long time. He has had his time and now let someone else have the glory like CM Punk.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,426 Posts
No, simply because the WWE does not need him to be champion,and he wil sell tickets.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
No. He will/should likely be champ again sometime before WM. They can't let him go for over year and more with no win. I see Y2J maybe transition it/Brock taking it first. I can't see Cena (going bkwards) taking it from Punk, or Brock (could make Punk look weak/great if they don't/book it right) or The Rock, (not going to let him come back and go over Cena/Punk) so that only leaves Y2J?

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
No,he's been WWE Champion 10 times already. He's reached that point in his career where he doe isn't need to be in the world title feud.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
they are keeping him away from the title scene for now and that's a good thing.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
John Cena needs to stay away from the title for at least another couple years imo. They can have some title matches sure, but his run from 2005-2011 was so overdone. People thought it was bad when Triple H dominated the scene for two and a half years, Cena was 10 times worse.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think Cena and Lesnar is big, but I don't think Cena adds value to the title, he's huge either way. I think keeping the belt on Punk is doing more for him than the other way around.

·
Registered
61 Posts
No No NO

for me i would make Cena feud with younger talent like dolph and cody and big them up. maybe a short intercontinental reign and big that title up as well. possibly in a year or two years time he can go back to the wwe championship.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Instead of handing it back to that roided midget, why not give the wwe title to drew mcintyre

·
Banned
390 Posts
Fuck OFF. Cena is the cancer killing wrestling. His smiling goofy monkey ass needs to retire. People boo him every week, chant "you cant wrestle" "Fuck you cena" "You still suck" etc... but the guy is proud of all that? WTF? He has no shame, no pride, no dignity, no balls. He could watch his mother being raped with a smile on his face. Fucking cocksucker. Absolute Embarrassment. No babyface in the history of WWE had to stoop so low to get sympathy from the crowd.

Its no surprise that cena's greatest moments have been him getting his ass kicked & booed out of arena. How Embarrassing is it when a joke like Santino Morella outpops your ass regularly, yet you call yourself the top face of WWE?

Complete disagrace.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
No he shouldn't. He's had his fair share I'm enjoying his time away from the title, he really doesn't need it now.

But some of the Cena hate in this thread is laughable. And most Cena threads.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Nope, lets look at it this way, the WWE needs casual fans to care about something other than jsut what Cena is doing (and have been doing a good job of that lately) HAving the title on PUnk and involved in the Punk/Jericho stuff you have something other than just the fued itself for people to care about there. People will care about Cena/Lesnar regardless.

But (and I beleive this was a point originally brought up by Starbuck) The WWE seems to have seperated their roster into the regualr roster and the Special attraction roster w/ Cena as the ONLY go between. At some point these two seperate "rosters" are going to need to be fused together and I mean completely fused together not just by Cena being the only go between. At some point other guys on the roster are going ot need to have interaction/matches/fueds with these "special attraction guys"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Right now, John Cena absolutely doesn't need the belt as he's over enough without it. Knowing WWE, he will get another run in the not too distant future, so don't worry. ;)

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
He shouldn't hold the title again until his eventual heel run. if that never happens he can have 1 more for nostalgic purposes down the line. Being a 12 time World Champion but more importantly a 10 time WWE Champion is ridiculous considering his first 2-3 runs with the title lasted like 2 and a bit years combined.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts