Wrestling Forum banner

Should I drop my arc weilding class?

501 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  chada75
I'm taking a few different weilding classes ( MIG,TIG and Arc ) and was wondering if I should drop my arc weilding because of the fact that although I have been trying, I still can get the hang of it. I do just fine in the other classes and have almost perfected them. For those who don't know what these types of weilding are I will post a few pictures.

Arc Weilding:

TIG weilding:

MIG weilding:

See less
I'm taking a few different weilding classes ( MIG,TIG and Arc ) and was wondering if I should drop my arc weilding because of the fact that although I have been trying, I still can get the hang of it. I do just fine in the other classes and have almost perfected them. For those who don't know what these types of weilding are I will post a few pictures.

Arc Weilding...
See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Is a Snit Head
33,676 Posts
Yeah.

I don't know how your education works but with me I'm better off dropping a class than failing it or getting a really low passing grade. One bad grade can kill a GPA and I've managed to avoid getting one my 3 years in college. Here was one class where I was doing so bad and would have got a D if I was lucky. I dropped it and it just shows as a withdrawal on my record.

I don't know how important the class is with regards to your career so I can't say for sure dropping it would be the best option. Again I have no idea where you take these classes but if there is some sort of adviser I would talk with them about it.

· Registered
1,583 Posts
Depends on where you field is going to be afterwards. Most construction sites use arc welding, but auto body/hot rodding use mig and tig. Heavy machinery is usually arc welded. Now if it's just a general part of you overall plan, ditch it. Otherwise work hard and you'll get the hang of it.

· Premium Member
27,048 Posts
I wouldn't. imagine you do shitty out of college in the job market for something other than wielding. you can fall back on wielding then, BAM!

I change majors from athletic training to Marketing. But I still went to get my ACE personal trainer certification. I have yet to use it in a paid environment, but I know I'll need it some day.

what if you get a business job at a wielding company? It will great to say you know some wielding techniques already. you won't just be a suit, you'll show you actually cared to learn a trade as well as the bullshit you learn in some colleges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.