Wrestling Forum banner

Should Curt Hawkins get pushed?

3327 Views 22 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  sjm33
I was viewing a couple of his matches last night , and i was realy impressed with him, the matches he had with trent barreta are pretty impressive, and he's got some nice moves , dont know about the mic talents but what do you guys think, should he get pushed or just left to rot on Superstars and get sent back to FCW again to get released couple months later.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· copy of a copy of a
4,015 Posts
Hell yes. The potential just reeks out of him. Right now he's as directionless as one can be, which can be sorted out with a complete character overhaul. If he makes the roster cut after Wrestlemania, we've got a midcard mainstay in the making for 2011. He's also proven to be verbally skilled when he did commentary some months back.

Check out his match with Masters on Thursday's Superstars. He got little offense but made the best out of it by selling like a champ.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
Hawkins is an entertaining dude. I wouldn't say being on Superstars is being "left to rot". There are plenty of other guys who aren't getting any television time or even dark matches.

He could definitely be a solid mid-card guy if they give him a character to develop.

· Banned
6,748 Posts
Depends on your definition of "pushed". Honestly, I think if Hawkins came out, and called out Zach Ryder, then this would be a push in my opinion. I say this because he is getting mic time, and starting a strong story with an obvious former tag team partner. Both whom have come long ways since the "Major Brothers" kick. Hell, I bet some of you out there forgot these two were actually a team.

Even though this isn't for a title, I still like to consider something like this a push, because it's giving Hawkins something to work with, and basically he gets to run with the ball. The question is whether, or not Ryder is willing to put "over" Hawkins. Personally, I feel Hawkins clearly the better, and more deserving talent than Ryder.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Depends on your definition of "pushed". Honestly, I think if Hawkins came out, and called out Zach Ryder, then this would be a push in my opinion. I say this because he is getting mic time, and starting a strong story with an obvious former tag team partner. Both whom have come long ways since the "Major Brothers" kick. Hell, I bet some of you out there forgot these two were actually a team.

Even though this isn't for a title, I still like to consider something like this a push, because it's giving Hawkins something to work with, and basically he gets to run with the ball. The question is whether, or not Ryder is willing to put "over" Hawkins. Personally, I feel Hawkins clearly the better, and more deserving talent than Ryder.
That would be an awesome feud between the two

· Registered
1,550 Posts
Yes, many people have been saying it for a while now too. Both him and Ryder haven been in line for some time now to recieve any and every push possible.

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Yes, he should, but he should pay his dues first and work his way up slowly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.