Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am asking this on the heels of reports he might retire I'm the next year or two, I m wondering if using him as booker would help WWE. I know there is creative these days but it seems having a head booker as opposed to a creative team might be better. Having some experience of punk along with Heyman maybe might bring a good jolt to WWE storylines. I know HHH won't want something of this sort he wants total control but I m thinking and Just wondering?

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Re: Should CM Punk be booker?

I don't think anyone that is full-time or part-time on the roster should have the power to book matches or fueds etc. Just brings too much personal feelings and egos to the table and can ruin other stars or even the show.

Hell I didn't know that Nash was a booker in WCW and actually booked himself to beat Goldberg until recently. Guys like Heyman are fine obviously because they can book entertaining fueds.

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts

Absolutely not! He would give his indy buddies pushes which is not best for business.
Yeah lets not push new and fresh talent, lets keep it HHH/Vinces way of booking and keep pushing guys like the big show, Cena and Orton.

Plus I don't think CM Punk would push just his indie buddies. He would do whats right. And even if he did push his Indie buddies I would rather see guys like Bryan, Hero, Rollins, Ambrose, and Zayn at the top than Cena, Big Show, ADR, Orton, and Sheamus.

wouldn't you

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,942 Posts

How do you answer a question like this? I mean it's not like we know what type of a person Punk is when it comes to thinking up storylines or angles, do we? It would be like asking if The Rock should be part of the creative team. It has no answer.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts

Based on what qualifications? Just because he's a wrestler doesn't mean he's qualified to be making creative decisions (and yes, neither is anyone on creative today hardy har har). There's dozens, if not hundreds of people who should be bookers long before a guy who's only been in the company for 7 years and shown no desire or ability to be one.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts

CM Punk has no experience in booking, that might not be the smartet thing for them to do. They should put Dutch Mantel as head booker, he would definitely be better than the creative team. I love seeing Zeb on television spurring his propaganda every week but they can really use him in creative.

·
Registered
439 Posts

He should definetely be a commentator though, was blooming hilarious in his run there

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,942 Posts

He should definetely be a commentator though, was blooming hilarious in his run there
Be careful what you wish for. I reckon he'd end up like JBL. Hilarious at first, but starts to become a pain in the arse.

·
Registered
745 Posts

Well who knows how well he'd do when he has to deal with the entire roster, but he's at least proven to be a creative guy when it comes to his own character. In numerous interviews, it's been stated that he had a large part in the booking of the 'Summer of Punk' angle in ROH and he also wrote out months of TV on the formation of the SES and dropped it on Vince's desk (I believe this story was even in his DVD). There were also the stories of him sitting in on the creative meetings while in OVW too, so he's at least been exposed to the process.

And I doubt Punk would be arrogant enough to only push his friends - if anything, he appreciates people who have passion for the business. The other thing about Punk that would benefit the creative team... he understands that characters need to evolve to stay interesting.

·
Registered
709 Posts

I think he was excellent at the announcer's desk and if there's an opening there that should be his spot. I'd rather him in a position like that where he's up front rather than a backstage spot where he doesn't get to use the talents of showmanship that he's developed as a wrestler, when he decides to give it a rest.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts

No. Use JR

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.