Wrestling Forum banner

Should Christopher Daniels be world champion in 2013?

• Yes

Votes: 50 42.7%
  • No

Votes: 63 53.8%
  • Yes, but I'm not too excited about it...

Votes: 4 3.4%
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Yes, bot him and Bully Ray. At least for short time.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Absolutely.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
I used to think so, but I'm really not sure I do any more. His best days are gone. He should have had the opportunity then, but there's no point making up for that now.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Absolutely not. The guy's time has passed. Christopher Daniels has always been awesome when he is tag-teaming and not running solo. The best thing for TNA to do is keep him with Kazarian for the rest of this year. Both are talented together and really compliment each other.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Daniels had his chance and missed it, he clearlty isnt the best wrestler in tna anymore so no, doesn't even make sense by an outsiders superficial viewpoint

·
Registered
631 Posts
If Daniels was meant to be champ, it would have happened years ago. I think folks just want to see that on paper, knowing full well that his best days are now far behind him.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
No frickin way. I'd rather see guys like Austin Aries, Kurt Angle, Sting (both Kurt and Sting are closing in to the end of their careers and they deserve one last title before they go) hell I'd probably be happier with Junkie Hardy as champ. Daniels is ok where he is right now.

·
Premium Member
44,393 Posts
I am going to say the same thing here that I said in 2008 when the net was going nuts calling for Matt Hardy to be World Champion (yes that Matt Hardy).

It isn't meant to be and if it hasn't happened by now, then it probably shouldn't. Daniels has gotten as hot and as interesting as he is ever going to be and they probably should have struck the iron when it was hot back in 2005-2007, but they didn't. Yes he is talented, but he is also in his 40s and they should be looking to make new World Champions out of guys they can build around for a long time.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No frickin way. I'd rather see guys like Austin Aries, Kurt Angle, Sting (both Kurt and Sting are closing in to the end of their careers and they deserve one last title before they go) hell I'd probably be happier with Junkie Hardy as champ. Daniels is ok where he is right now.
I think sting already had 3 "last title runs"

·
Banned
307 Posts
No. He makes an excellent midcarder-to-upper-micarder, but he's not world championship material. He doesn't have the look, nor the drawing power, not to mention he's 41.

X-Division, Television, or Tag Team champion? Sure.

World champion? No.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
He should have already had it. The guy has been there since the beginning and would be a perfect transitional champ. He can have a good match with ANYBODY.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Maybe winning it one time, and having a short reign. Why can't he be a transitional champion? He's worked his ass off for the company for years and has never held the big one. Even Abyss has held the World Title in TNA before.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I don't see why he can't be the champ for a little while tbh. His heel character and promo skills have never been better than they are now and he's still a damn good wrestler to boot. I don't see it happening, but there are far worse choices for a title reign than Daniels would be.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
I'd love to see it - Daniels has been one of the most consistently entertaining wrestlers in TNA since the very beginning - but at this point I don't think it's a possibility.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
No, not at all. There are so many different guys in TNA who are better suited to being World champion at the moment that sadly, Daniels doesn't get a look in. Guys like Roode, Storm, Bull Ray or even Sting would make good world champions. I thought TNA missed a trick at Slammiversary by not putting the title on Sting because it would have been a great feel good moment and then would leave things wide open for a heel to beat Sting for the title sooner after he goes into the HoF and continually claim how great they are "I beat a Hall of Famer for this title, the ONLY Hall of Famer in TNA history" would have been a great rub for anybody.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts