Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The recent Chris Benoit thread inspired this, and I'm sure its been done a dozen times on this thread, but hey....who gives a shit.

There has been much discussion of wether or no Benoit should be praised for his work. Can you seperate Benoit the MAN from Benoit the Wrestler?

So here is the basic question....Should Chris Benoit be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame?

SIDE NOTE: Take out the fact that the WWE HOF is pretty much a joke (Pete Rose, anyone?).

My Opinion: No. While I think that he was a great wrestler, you dont just induct the skill into the HOF, you induct the person. I can see why WWE has distanced themselves from Benoit completely. They cant be known for basically endorsing a person who murdered somebody.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
No.

Put yourself in Nancy's or Daniel's position. Would you still want him in the HOF?

Not only that who gives a fuck about the HOF anyway? We all know it's biased as fuck.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
No. Not worth the hassle or the controversy to put him into some class of elite wrestlers that exists only in Vince's mind.

It's such a redundant point anyway. They've wiped him from history... on what planet would they turn round all of a sudden and say OUR NEXT HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE - THE CRIPPLER, CHRIS BENOIT!!!

He shouldn't be in there and he won't be in there. That's the conclusion of this thread.

·
Registered
975 Posts
If any H.O.F. was based on being objective and only judging people based on their on field or in ring skills then people like Pete Rose, Mark McGwire and yes, Chris Benoit would be inducted into their respective H.O.F.'s, but that is not the case. It's based on character, and what you do outside as well, and taking this into consideration it's fairly obvious he should not be inducted. If he was still alive today and the benoit family tragedy didn't occur, without a doubt in my mind, but unfortunately that's not the case, so no.

·
Sly as a fox, ferocious as a lion
3,032 Posts
No. Don't get me wrong, Chris Benoit was a tremendous performer in the ring and gave it his all nearly every night. Putting him in the HOF would bring in bad publicity for WWE, because they will be labeled as the wrestling company that inducted "a murderer" in the HOF. So this will always be a heated debate on whether or not he should or should not be in.

·
Career Ender!
422 Posts
No. Don't get me wrong, Chris Benoit was a tremendous performer in the ring and gave it his all nearly every night. Putting him in the HOF would bring in bad publicity for WWE, because they will be labeled as the wrestling company that inducted "a murderer" in the HOF. So this will always be a heated debate on whether or not he should or should not be in.
This.

Now lets end these Benoit topics, they never end,start or become good, just alot of people getting mad and arguing. thanks

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
I'm all for, 10 years from now, when the Hall of Fame has a physical location and is as much about preserving history (however skewed) as it is the huge glitzy ceremony, quietly adding Benoit's name to the list. But I don't think you'd find many people lining up to induct a double murderer on television, no matter the iffy circumstances or whatever.

·
Registered
477 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts