Wrestling Forum banner

Should Brian Pillman be in the Hall of Fame?

2818 Views 14 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  shawnshamrock
I loved his ticking time bomb character. An absolutely awesome heel. Good promo's. The guy was awesome. To me,if Koko friggin B Ware is in the HOF, Pillman should definately be there. What do you guys/ gals think?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Banned
14,041 Posts
Considering some of the other people that have made it into the HOF, it's not unreasonable to assume he could be one day. And the fact he died while under WWE contract makes me wonder why he hasn't been inducted already. I'm sure if he had won a world title, he would have been a first-ballot hall of famer based on death credentials alone.

Steve Austin should campaign for him.

· Banned
426 Posts
I agree. Brian Pillman had more success in WCW as 'Flyin' Brian Pillman.
Not even close. Like Austin, Guerrero, Jericho, Mysterio, and Benoit, Pillman never was anything more than a midcarder in WCW, mostly competing in the Cruiserweight division. In WWE he was in the hottest program of 1997, and one of the best WWF/E programs of all-time: Hart Foundation vs. Austin, HBK, and the USA.

Have you guys seen the behind-the-scenes footage of the Austin/Pillman gun skit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRhMvl40qjA

· Registered
56 Posts
I'm gonna have to agree with the posters who say during his wcw run. Can't forget him wearing the dress for 30 days either.
I never thought he was used properly in WWE and then the announcement of his death on Sunday Night Heat just seemed bad.
If the rumors of a WCW HAll of Fame for next year are true then I think he should at least be considered.

I mean If Pete Rose can be in the WWE Hall of Fame then I think Brian is way overdue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.