Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Heenan-like I mean by managing a whole bunch of wrestlers like 5 or 6 or whatever. I think it'll be great having him come out a few times each show, with a different client. His clients though shouldn't be allies though, just like with Heenan or Jimmy Hart, but him having many different clients all over the WWE. So if he were to have a big client list who would you include? Mine would be a bit spaced out from midcard title contenders, to a Tag Team, maybe an upper-midcarder.

Mark Henry (I know he doesn't need AW but just to give his client list some credibility, plus it wouldn't hurt Henry to be with AW)
Drew McIntyre (AW can definitely help someone like McIntyre)
Curt Hawkins (I think he could help them get heat and possibly a tag title shot)
Tyler Reks
Leo Kruger (Been rumored to be called up from FCW, not bad in the ring, could use AW's help)
Heath Slater (IMO, great talent but think with a manager could make him atleast a credible midcard champion)

I dont think he should manage a Main Eventer (Besides Henry) just yet because I dont think he needs to. I think he should focus mainly on helping some of the midcarders I mentioned.
What are your thoughts?

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Curt Hawkins (I think he could help them get heat and possibly a tag title shot)
Heath Slater (IMO, great talent but think with a manager could make him atleast a credible midcard champion)
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Just cut "Tyler Reks" and "tag" in your idea and it's pretty damn good.

Hawkins and Slater should both be credible mid card champions.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
I like the idea of a true old school type manager ala Bobby Heenan and Jimmy Hart. I thought Vicki was being groomed for it but then they just stopped after Swagger. If she took on guys like Slater, Reks, and Hawkins she could give them the heat they so desperately need. Swagger and Ziggler (especially Ziggler) don't need her management anymore. Her client's don't have to be part of a stable apart from teaming up at times and could be associated with each other just as much as members of Heenan's Family were.

If Washington is going this route then even better. The more the merrier. I always thought Teddy was a better manager than GM too.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Just cut "Tyler Reks" and "tag" in your idea and it's pretty damn good.

Hawkins and Slater should both be credible mid card champions.
Reks & Hawkins are a few that are actually a real Tag Team, all they need is to be pushed a bit and in my opinion with AW with them then they can certainly hold the Tag Titles. So I wouldnt really cut Reks out as he's still decent enough, but I agree Hawkins is better. Also, I really think Slater deserves a mid-card title and think that with AW or any manager he can accomplish that.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Reks & Hawkins are a few that are actually a real Tag Team, all they need is to be pushed a bit and in my opinion with AW with them then they can certainly hold the Tag Titles. So I wouldnt really cut Reks out as he's still decent enough, but I agree Hawkins is better. Also, I really think Slater deserves a mid-card title and think that with AW or any manager he can accomplish that.
I see our opinion on "real tag team" is very different. Reks and Hawkins 'joined forces' for almost no reason, or none that is really important. Personally, I think that the Usos and Primo & Epico are "real tag teams" because they're family and, rather than finding eachother in the WWE and are forced together, they joined together (though Epico didn't really). I consider Ryder and Hawkins to be a real tag team because they'd worked together previously instead of being bundled together whilst in WWE.

I can see your position on Reks though. I think he's an alright guy but I think Hawkins is much better. Hawkins shouldn't be in tag teams anymore, he's literally good enough in the ring and on the mic to be a world champion at the moment (don't argue it if you don't know, kids :cool2).
I'd rather they both be used than neither though, so I guess them taking the tag titles would be alright, not much competition or care for those titles atm though.

As for Slater, he should've been given a mid card push right after Nexus, and be in the US title run right now on RAW imo.

Though clearly WWE don't care - I think Mr Washington is scouting BIG guys like Henry, Khali and Show. God knows why though, we'll just have to find out.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,524 Posts
I'd love to see managers in general become a bigger part of the product today. I don't know if AW taking on an entire stable from the get-go is the thing to do though. Maybe build him up as a manager first with one guy or a tag team.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I see our opinion on "real tag team" is very different. Reks and Hawkins 'joined forces' for almost no reason, or none that is really important. Personally, I think that the Usos and Primo & Epico are "real tag teams" because they're family and, rather than finding eachother in the WWE and are forced together, they joined together (though Epico didn't really). I consider Ryder and Hawkins to be a real tag team because they'd worked together previously instead of being bundled together whilst in WWE.

I can see your position on Reks though. I think he's an alright guy but I think Hawkins is much better. Hawkins shouldn't be in tag teams anymore, he's literally good enough in the ring and on the mic to be a world champion at the moment (don't argue it if you don't know, kids :cool2).
I'd rather they both be used than neither though, so I guess them taking the tag titles would be alright, not much competition or care for those titles atm though.

As for Slater, he should've been given a mid card push right after Nexus, and be in the US title run right now on RAW imo.

Though clearly WWE don't care - I think Mr Washington is scouting BIG guys like Henry, Khali and Show. God knows why though, we'll just have to find out.
Reks and Hawkins were doing the same thing that Miz & R-Truth were doing (Their "trying to take over NXT" angle started right after the Walkout), but on a much lesser scale. While they were two singles guys thrown together, they took the time to at least look like a solid unit, coming out to Hawkins' theme rather than separately. Even though they don't wear the same gear, they do wear the same colors every week. I disagree with the idea that Hawkins shouldn't be in tag teams anymore, but that's mainly because I think members of tag teams should be allowed to have singles angles and programs without breaking up (basically how Ziggler & Swagger are booked).

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I disagree with the idea that Hawkins shouldn't be in tag teams anymore, but that's mainly because I think members of tag teams should be allowed to have singles angles and programs without breaking up (basically how Ziggler & Swagger are booked).
I don't mind if he gets a midcard title and is still in a tag team, but he's labelled as a tag team wrestler which is ridiculous. He's had like four different partners now and always has a storyline involving a partner rather than having a storyline revolved around singles competition.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I see what you're saying, but I think there are plenty of great Tag Teams that didn't debut together. Edge & Christian, Miz & Morrison, Los Guerreros, Paul London & Brian Kendrick etc. I dont know if you watch NXT, but the 2 of them show great chemistry as a team on there both on the mic and in the ring. They dress as a team, have the same entrance theme, double-team moves. I just dont necessarily think a team needs to debut together if they can be a great team. I mean I hate thrown together teams as much as anyone, but these 2 dont strike me as a 'thrown together' team. If AW is gonna have a big group of clients I'd think a Tag Team would be good for him. Since I think he'll be heel that eliminates Kidd/Gabriel & The Uso's and Primo & Epico already have Rosa, and I think Reks & Hawkins can accomplish alot as a team with a manager.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I just dont necessarily think a team needs to debut together if they can be a great team. I mean I hate thrown together teams as much as anyone, but these 2 dont strike me as a 'thrown together' team.
Well I don't mean they should have to debut together, I mean imo they need to have history, or at least a reason to team together. London and Kendrick had little reasoning other than "HEY LETS GO GET TAG TITLES YAY!", but of course they were still a good tag team.

I guess Reks and Hawkins, in story, had a reason to be put together, but the thing that shits me most about Hawkins is his use as a permanent tag team storyline wrestler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts