Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not since MVP a few years ago can i ever remember anyone having such a long US title reign as the one Bryan Danielson is currently enjoying but as with everything a time will come when it must end and with a lack of credible mid card heel's to beat him for it would the best option be the man currently serving as apprentice to WWE champion The Miz. Now i am very high on Alex Riley and actually find him to be more entertaining that The Miz is and also believe that Alex Riley will go on to be bigger and better than The Miz so has the time come to let him lose as a singles wrestler but still keep him alongside The Miz.

I think keeping Alex Riley alongside The Miz is a great idea because he can become more and more credible as a star on Raw that way but i would like to see him wrestle more because that is the only way he will improve as an in ring worker and in a feud with Bryan Danielson there is a story already there. Both men were obviously NXT rookie's for The Miz and could both claim to be the better man and i think by being in the ring with someone as good as Bryan Danielson is in the ring we could see some stellar matches and a great in ring learning curve provided for Alex Riley as well.

If someone like R-Truth can be given a run with the US title i don't see wht Alex Riley couldn't be tested out for the future with a US title run as well and if Vince McMahon isn't that happy with his progress as a mid card champion they can always put the title back on Bryan Danielson and put Alex Riley back to accompanying The Miz to ringside and working against the people The Miz is feuding with. Last year i saw enough in Alex Riley in his matches with John Cena, Randy Orton and John Morrison to believe he can be a top heel on either Raw or SmackDown so a mid card title run would be a great test.

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
I do not see the hype about Daniel Bryan, the guy pisses me off, decent wrestler ok, but his entrance song sucks, his character sucks, and he gets NOOOO crowd reaction whatsoever, I literally despise the guy

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
Miz held the title for over 200+ days last year.

Bryan should hold it forever till he's ready to move up. At least the title keeps him relevant. I really hope he passes MVP. MVP holding that record is embarrassing and makes the title look like a joke.

·
No Cena is good Cena
2,418 Posts
I'm a huge Riley fan but they've established him as a walking punching bag. They can't just hand him a belt. They need to give him a win over JTG and a few other bums before he's credible enough to step in the ring with Bryan.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I really don't see much in Alex Riley, I don't despise the guy or anything I'm just kinda indifferent to him. Keep him as Miz's lackey, guys like Zack Ryder, Tyson Kidd or Yoshi Tatsu would be more deserving of a U.S. Title push.

Although to be fair the idea of Bryan holding the title for ages doesn't really mean anything either. Shelton Benjamin was U.S. Champ for like 9 months in 2008/09 and it didn't really benefit him in any way, he hardly ever defended the belt, much like Bryan right now. Obviously that's the fault of the bookers not the wrestlers but you get my point.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
No, Ted DiBiase should be that man, Ted DiBiase beat Bryan clean few weeks ago but he never got his shot. :side:

But anyways, there is no harm in giving Riley a US title shot, the division is quite a mess right now, Bryan has squashed nearly all midcarders on Raw roster yet he doesn't necessarily look strong. Well, at least Riley will be a fresh contender for the belt.

To be honest, i doubt Riley will ever get "bigger" than Miz, i think he's better than Miz nearly in every area but Miz is gonna headline WM soon, it will be hard for Riley to top that. But yeah, i know, never say never.

·
Banned
354 Posts
I do not see the hype about Daniel Bryan, the guy pisses me off, decent wrestler ok, but his entrance song sucks, his character sucks, and he gets NOOOO crowd reaction whatsoever, I literally despise the guy
I agree tbh. The IWC will assrape you though for saying anything bad, idiots.

Alex Riley tbh isn't trusted enough with a title yet. He's made a few botches and mistakes outside of WWE, I'm probably the biggest mark for the guy on here and I'd wait around 1-2 months more before slapping it on him. He needs to stop being the guy that gets rko'd/aa'd first.

·
Registered
661 Posts
It doesn't matter who holds the US Title anymore. The WWE has played down their championships way too much. The US title is pretty much the lowest ranking title in the company for singles-superstar wrestling.

What needs to happen to the US Title, and all of the titles for that matter, is they need to be built back up to credibility. Just take boxing for instance; it means everything to be champ. In the WWE, being champion just seems like an excuse to be either a jerk to others for not having it, or be a total babyface and let the crowd eat it up.

The Titles need to be treated like titles, and not props.

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
I agree tbh. The IWC will assrape you though for saying anything bad, idiots.

Alex Riley tbh isn't trusted enough with a title yet. He's made a few botches and mistakes outside of WWE, I'm probably the biggest mark for the guy on here and I'd wait around 1-2 months more before slapping it on him. He needs to stop being the guy that gets rko'd/aa'd first.
ye I know, I don't get why they all love him up, he is an ok wrestler but he is nothing special, he will never be a main event because he is so boring, gets no crowd reaction, and just is currently one of the many wrestlers on the roster that are a waste of space. Can you see this guy ever coming up against a big name for the wwe title? Never!

Reactions: Bruze

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
he will never be a main event because he is so boring, gets no crowd reaction, and just is currently one of the many wrestlers on the roster that are a waste of space. Can you see this guy ever coming up against a big name for the wwe title? Never!

fpalm

However, you are correct about him never being able to main event. Not because he's boring, but because they'll never allow it.

He should be the one to take the belt off Bryan, but it won't matter, they won't allow it. There's no harm in giving him a trial run to try to work out the problems he's been having. The more time he's allowed, the quicker it'll help him.

·
Banned
2,229 Posts

fpalm

However, you are correct about him never being able to main event. Not because he's boring, but because they'll never allow it.

He should be the one to take the belt off Bryan, but it won't matter, they won't allow it. There's no harm in giving him a trial run to try to work out the problems he's been having. The more time he's allowed, the quicker it'll help him.
woah you have misunderstood me, I am talking about Bryan son

·
Registered
454 Posts
Maybe it's because we are Brits? We tune in to a larger than life WWE, and up pops Daniel Bryan as US champion! What is it about American fans that they drool over someone who's wrestling skills are okay, but nothing special; a guy with zilch personality, who is, at best, a low card wrestling filler on RAW house shows along with similar characters like Ted DiBiase? For the record, I like Alex Riley; if he took the title of Bryan, that would be fine by me; but it would also be okay with me if Hornswaggle did the same: at least Riley and Hornswaggle have some interest angle that is completely lacking in Bryan.

·
Banned
2,229 Posts
Maybe it's because we are Brits? We tune in to a larger than life WWE, and up pops Daniel Bryan as US champion! What is it about American fans that they drool over someone who's wrestling skills are okay, but nothing special; a guy with zilch personality, who is, at best, a low card wrestling filler on RAW house shows along with similar characters like Ted DiBiase? For the record, I like Alex Riley; if he took the title of Bryan, that would be fine by me; but it would also be okay with me if Hornswaggle did the same: at least Riley and Hornswaggle have some interest angle that is completely lacking in Bryan.
too be fair I am a Brit myself, I know I will get blasted by many people but I just don't see what is the big deal about it him, seriously

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Good lord at some of the Daniel Bryan marks defending his overrated ass.

When Miz held the US title for a long time and rarely defended it, he was destroying it's prestige.

But now that their golden boy has held the US title for a long time without defending it, its suddenly okay because titles don't mean anything?

What the fuck? Morons...

But back to the topic. Alex Riley is going to have to re-establish himself as a credible wrestler before he goes after any singles titles. Any momentum he built up on FCW and NXT dissapeard after he became The Miz's sidekick on Raw.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,019 Posts
Ok, so here's the scenario. A large part of the job of a midcard champion is to help make other guys, who are milling around in the midcard, look better than they look right now. Who would be better at doing this? Bryan Danielson or Alex Riley?

Working with Dragon has already gone someway to helping The Miz and Dolph Ziggler go on towards main event status. He also took Ted Dibiase to his best ever match, amongst other opponents. Dragon's title run has been a huge success in this respect. Why change a thing?

I'd just keep giving him opponents, for PPV matches, pretty much indefinitely. He could literally hold it for the next five years and it wouldn't do anything but good.

Could someone like Riley benefit by being one of those opponents? Definitely.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Don't turn this into a Daniel Bryan debate because there's no ending. He has no charisma or personality, but can make others look like gold and is probably the 2nd best wrestler there (sorry but personally I think Zigglers better).

Riley has made a few mistakes, but he will definitely main event in the future (ignore Pyro, he's wrong alot), but not in the near future. They'll build him up after him and Miz disband (a good feud for Riley tbh against Miz), then he will be a contender for US probably though the championship means nothing now as mentioned above. He is no doubt main event potential, he's good in the ring and is GOLD on the mic.

I still think Daniel Bryan was given the title as an apology for WWE treating him like shit in the early stages, but he's had it enough. He's killing it... the only storyline Daniels been in is the Bella twins. They put one of the best wrestlers in WWE in a diva feud. They gave the IWC a few one off matches with Regal, Jericho etc but it's pathetic the reign he's had.

Edit: As to the post above, you're stupid lol... never in the history of the WWE has a title been there to make the ME's look good. Yes the "Dragon" does it, but it's not what the US championship is for. Just because you crack one off to DB, it doesn't mean you come up with bullshit lies to try and win this debate. Realize your golden boy is less golden than a box of Golden Grahams.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts