Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Registered
6,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, they could pick up alot of experienced people from it as well as own the TNA video library for if they decided to launch their own WWE network style service, feels like only a matter of time before Impact eventually folds and WWE most likely buys it just for the library, maybe AEW should beat them to it.

Thoughts?

· Registered
1,882 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that Khan was approached about buying Impact but he decided to start from scratch. I mean it would be good for the talent and the video library but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

· Registered
404 Posts
Realistically what do you get if you do? The TV slot is worthless, the talent seems to be able to leave when they fancy it anyway so you can get anyone who's worth anything, aside from video footage of a bunch of guys who mostly work elsewhere, if they're still going, I don't see whats to gain.

· Registered
4,817 Posts
God no. We don't need the stench of this failure of the promotion. AEWs need to start from the beginning and build itself (which is exactly what they're doing), not be associated with something as bad as Impact. Moreover, people need to understand that AEW is not another Impact Wrestling, it's something bigger and better.
This.

Impact might have improved in the last 4 years but it always had stink on it. The Asylum days were cringe, things improved around 06-09 but the campy atmosphere of stage 21 still made it look like inbred wrestling, and don't get me started on what they did between 2010 to 14.

Aew should stay away. Let WWE scoop up the video library.

· Team AEW
4,161 Posts
Aew should stay away. Let WWE scoop up the video library.
Exactly. Besides, why would they even want that TNA library? It seems more fitting for WWE for guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe or Robert Roode, they could use the footage for some specials and all that stuff, because that's what they like to do. AEW doesn't need any of that, they should be their own thing.

· Registered
15,020 Posts
Impact would go the highest bidder - and that would be Vince McMahon. Anthem is waiting for their next television negotiation now hoping the WWE and now AEW deals will make other outlets more willing to give them a slot and a shot.

Honestly I'd be more interested in MLW talent contracts and even Evolve talent contracts.

· Registered
1,882 Posts
Exactly. Besides, why would they even want that TNA library? It seems more fitting for WWE for guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe or Robert Roode, they could use the footage for some specials and all that stuff, because that's what they like to do. AEW doesn't need any of that, they should be their own thing.
For content if they ever started their own network like WWE. I'm sure they will eventually have one.

· Registered
1,979 Posts
Stay away from Impact. The library is worthless to them. The bucks were misused, Cody only had about 3 matches, what do they gain? I know RoH isn’t for sale but that would be the better library/roster for them to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,180 Posts
If this was 2009, it would make sense as it had a lot of potential, a solid time slot, and a roster full of great talent, but now they've got no TV deal after years on stations most people haven't heard of, a roster that's been hollowed out due to years of low pay and mismanagement, and as a company they are seen as a complete joke.

· Registered
10,433 Posts
No they shouldn't. They have no reason to. I could see WWE buying them before AEW, just for the video library.

· Registered
15,020 Posts
Stay away from Impact. The library is worthless to them. The bucks were misused, Cody only had about 3 matches, what do they gain? I know RoH isn’t for sale but that would be the better library/roster for them to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keeping the Bucks library of TNA matches away from WWE would hold certain value.

· Registered
29,994 Posts
I mean Impact has assets they could use like talent from Tessa, Moose, etc. and the tape library even if it's just to make it so WWE can't have it.

But the only way they should buy it is if the company goes bankrupt and they can buy it for a fraction of the price, like WWE did with WCW.

· All Out
Penta El Presente Nombre Is 1 Name Change Away From Being Johnny Penta To Me Forever. TalentedAF Tho
3,116 Posts
Nah son. Could see Impact selling to MLW and MLW retaining the X-Division & Knockouts titles but unifying the Tag and World titles with theirs. Impact’s name value is too damaged IMO. Don and Scott have tried but, I really think they should consider selling to MLW if MLW has any interest.

· The TNA IMPACT Wrestling Guru
218 Posts
Okay, I'm going to be real about this considering barely anyone on this thread has been so far.

If AEW purchased the TNA Wrestling assets it would certainly benefit their barely existent video library. Especially if and when they launch their own streaming service. That way they have some kind of content other than just AEW.

The TNA library is by far the most lucrative wrestling library not owned by the WWE. You can look at the star power and history for yourselves...

But, realistically I don't think the TNA assets aren't meant for AEW and probably would be better suited being purchased eventually by WWE considering most of the homegrown TNA talent falls under the WWE banner.

I remember reading last year that Scott D'Amore and Ed Nordholm met with Triple H and WWE execs. So, I think a WWE purchase is inevitable.

Reactions: ThenWo/WCW

· All Out
Penta El Presente Nombre Is 1 Name Change Away From Being Johnny Penta To Me Forever. TalentedAF Tho
3,116 Posts
Actually if MLW doesn’t have the funds to buy them, Ring Of Honor buying them could be a possibility. They could merge their streaming libraries. Maybe an ROH invasion angle where ROH takes over - with ROH taking over their international TV deals and possibly expanding to two hours.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.