Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if WWE did matches like TNA style where the matches were shorter(on tv shows,not ppvs) so that in like 5-10 mins, we get as much action as we would in 10-15.

Matches would be much more fast paced and it would allow people to see more guys on the roster who wrestle regularly.

Imagine seeing a match like Orton-Punk on Raw that lasted only 10 mins but had 15-20 mins worth of action in it.

I know it wasn't meant to be like that, but during Punk-Mysterio match a few months ago, for a minute or so, they had to make up the time lost due to stopping the match so they went real fast and put 3-4 mins worth of action into a single minute and it was real great.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
in a realistic environment matches would be shorter, like mma

and when something special or new or unexpected happens in a match, that match should end right there to make it more memorable

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
when i read this thread title, i instantly thought "Oh great, someone wants more squash matches on the card".

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
when i read this thread title, i instantly thought "Oh great, someone wants more squash matches on the card".
watch the first episode of RAW from Jan 1993

its not as bad as one thinks

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
watch the first episode of RAW from Jan 1993

its not as bad as one thinks
hmm, i might give it a watch. I'm only saying short matches are crap, i mean how long did the Reks/Masters match last on Smackdown?

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
To be honest i would rather have a 15 minute match that builds up a stiry of some sort and means something than a 4 minute match with spots that don't mean anything.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I'm all for story-telling in the ring so I like the longer matches. I tend to watch more of Smackdown than I do Raw these days. To me: Less cut scenes + More WRESTLING = my kind of show.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
hmm, i might give it a watch. I'm only saying short matches are crap, i mean how long did the Reks/Masters match last on Smackdown?
neither Tyler Reks nor the Masterpiece has got much of a future at all, at least on the very first episode all of the squashers went on to become relevant

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
To be honest i would rather have a 15 minute match that builds up a stiry of some sort and means something than a 4 minute match with spots that don't mean anything.
Pretty much this. Now, if the guys don't have chemistry, or they're just not that good, I'd want the match to end in 5 minutes (see Truth vs DiBiase), but as long as they're competent enough at their job, and can tell a story, I'd much rather they have a longer match.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
neither Tyler Reks nor the Masterpiece has got much of a future at all, at least on the very first episode all of the squashers went on to become relevant
I meant the Tyler Reks v Chris Masters match on smackdown, how long did it last? like 2 - 2 and a half minutes.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Matches won't be that short. Main event matches on tv would be around 10-15 mins but you'd want people to want to watch a match on PPV because they don't get to see it on TV. Why pay for a ppv with Orton-Cena in a 15-20 min match when you can get Orton-Cena on Raw for 15 mins? They give people a small preview on the shows of what these guys can do but for the full thing, buy the ppv and watch it.

I'm all for story-telling in the ring so I like the longer matches. I tend to watch more of Smackdown than I do Raw these days. To me: Less cut scenes + More WRESTLING = my kind of show.
Shorter matches doesn't mean more promos, though storytelling is great, but shorter matches just means there will be more matches. So instead of like 4-5 matches a show, we can see 6-7 matches and guys who we see once a month on raw or something we get to see more often.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I would rather have 10-15 min matches

But there aren't many guys on the roster who can put good entertaining matches for that long

·
Registered
195 Posts
no I hate the way TNA has matches on Impact and is part of the reason why I stopped watching Impact

·
Registered
128 Posts
I hope they stop their practice of having 30 second to 1 minute matches just to fill some air time. I'd rather see a backstage promo than something like that. Matches should last at least 5 minutes minimum in order for both superstars to have a decent display of their abilities.

That also goes for the divas. One reason they are not taken seriously is because they always do those kinds of matches to serve as filler. If they are indeed serious in making the division matter again, they should of course train the girls better and give them more match time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts