Wrestling Forum banner

Short IGN bit on Stings return; TNA's desire to "compete"

1795 15
Once I read that statement, I was inclined to share this bit.

Now, no one needs to get their panties in a bunch and start assuming I'm trying to "hate" on TNA. I'm generally unbiased towards the promotion, but the bolded statement above is the truest statement I've read in a while.
TNA had some big news of their own this past week. Sting, the prodigal, face-painted son, has returned and re-signed with Floridian Zone, Inc. You can go spoil yourself on the web if you'd like, but he'll be on this coming Thursday's show and he does something pretty big and newsworthy. This past week though, we got treated (?) to TNA's promo for 3-3-11, done up in the style of WWE's Taker videos. Again, not to ad nauseam you all into nausea, but I wish TNA would stop referencing WWE. It makes them look "less than." And people can puff out their chests and debate about what constitutes competition for a giant corporation like WWE, but it doesn't matter because the WWE isn't stopping anyone from watching TNA. Thursday primetime belongs to TNA. It's theirs. The only ones stopping people from watching TNA is TNA.
Reactions: OldschoolHero
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
10,981 Posts
You TNA hater die!!!!

Really does it need to take some idiot from IGN to say what I've been saying for the longest while now for people to understand how DESPERATE TNA is to be popular and quite frankly something they are not i.e. a threat to WWE? Really what the guy said is nothing we already don't know.

· Registered
861 Posts
Ok so if Justin long said "hi I watch TNA" and John Hodgeman shows up to say "Hi I watch WWE" would everyone be ok with it then.
I said this before but, "Hi I'm a Mac, Hi I'm a PC" yeah that series of satire worked well.

· Banned
3,179 Posts
Ok so if Justin long said "hi I watch TNA" and John Hodgeman shows up to say "Hi I watch WWE" would everyone be ok with it then.
I said this before but, "Hi I'm a Mac, Hi I'm a PC" yeah that series of satire worked well.
A little bit of grammar in this post would make it actually make sense, I believe. As of right now I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Are you trying to compare Mac vs. PC to WWE vs. TNA? Because that's stupid.

The report is saying that TNA does not in any way directly compete with WWE. WWE airs Monday and Friday, TNA airs Thursdays. Noone is having to choose between which shows to watch, you can watch them all with no problem.

PC and Mac however are competing products, because most people will choose one or the other, and not own both.

· Registered
419 Posts
As "Jumping" Jeff Farmer would always say, "Yep."

TNA does more to turn people off their product than on. It's been the nature of the (small) beast for too long.

And those concerns people have about TNA will be ignored quicker than an Amazing Red squash match.

· Registered
770 Posts
The only ones stopping people from watching TNA is TNA.
I am 90% TNA fan and 10% everything else, but there is something sad about this statement. We all know this, but it still needs to be said, because TNA still doesn't seem to get it.

· Registered
861 Posts
A little bit of grammar in this post would make it actually make sense, I believe. As of right now I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Are you trying to compare Mac vs. PC to WWE vs. TNA? Because that's stupid.

The report is saying that TNA does not in any way directly compete with WWE. WWE airs Monday and Friday, TNA airs Thursdays. Noone is having to choose between which shows to watch, you can watch them all with no problem.

PC and Mac however are competing products, because most people will choose one or the other, and not own both.
I'll rewrite it for you. Mac made fun of its competitor, and people liked that marketing.

I don't care about the report nor what day the shows air, they obviously are competition, they are a similar product. TNA can't compete with the WWEs worth and at a point neither could Mac.

Mac does not dominate the OS market like Windows does, but Mac dominates handheld devices. Some people here say TNA should find its own niche, I would agree. This is something Mac has done. You cannot discount the things similar between the companies because they air different days. I mean you can, but you obviously don't take much else into consideration. Except my grammar, of course.

Here's where i disagree with others, TNA can make fun of WWE all it wants. However, all the funny jokes in the world won't save them if they cannot find a market for their product.

· Banned
2,459 Posts
I'll rewrite it for you. Mac made fun of its competitor, and people liked that marketing.

I don't care about the report nor what day the shows air, they obviously are competition, they are a similar product. TNA can't compete with the WWEs worth and at a point neither could Mac.

Mac does not dominate the OS market like Windows does, but Mac dominates handheld devices. Some people here say TNA should find its own niche, I would agree. This is something Mac has done. You cannot discount the things similar between the companies because they air different days. I mean you can, but you obviously don't take much else into consideration. Except my grammar, of course.

Here's where i disagree with others, TNA can make fun of WWE all it wants. However, all the funny jokes in the world won't save them if they cannot find a market for their product.
One problem using the Mac v PC ad series as a metaphor for TNA v WWE:

IT BACKFIRED ON APPLE!​
repeatedly​

Everyone HATED the Mac guy and loved the PC guy.

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,268 Posts
^Yeah John Hodgman is awesome!

· Registered
837 Posts
ok i agree that tna needs to stop mentioning wwe and bringing them up and copying them but i thought that sting promo was cool. I dont know why but i was ok with that promo and that promo would of been even more cooler if that was like a rare time they are copying wwe but they always copy wwe and thats why no1 is making a big deal or finds it cool how they did that promo. It was cool to me because its tna saying ;we got sting! stop leading people into thinking hes going to wwe so you can hype wrestlemania and get ratings and stir things up:. I wonder why mentioning wwe all the time worked for wcw.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.