Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
California's Prop 27 has made it so many non violent crimes that uses to be felonies are now just misdemeanors. Unless the amount that's being stolen is $1,000 or more. This has encouraged shoplifters to loot freely with no real penalty. Some people even feel the shoplifters are entitled to these free things as "reparations". Look at this video how nobody does anything or bothers to try and stop them, not even security.

this is what happens when you convince people they are victims and that the police are the enemy.

·
Registered
Worship My Excrement
2,366 Posts
I live in California and all the lawlessness is frustrating. A lot of the problem is the voters. They get shamed and manipulated way too easily. We had a decent DA down here in LA named Jackie Lacey but the voters chose George Gascon to replace her. Our Mayor Eric Garcetti is an empty suit but there are many things worse than an empty suit as we will learn in the near future. Garcetti may be abandoning ship and taking off to India like a sacred rat.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Unfortunately it's going to get worse before it gets better. Lots of municipalities are adopting similar policies. Including where I live. The best we can do is be prepared for anything when we step outside, which of course is hard to do in these areas because the self defense laws suck.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
California's Prop 27 has made it so many non violent crimes that uses to be felonies are now just misdemeanors. Unless the amount that's being stolen is $1,000 or more. This has encouraged shoplifters to loot freely with no real penalty. Some people even feel the shoplifters are entitled to these free things as "reparations". Look at this video how nobody does anything or bothers to try and stop them, not even security.

this is what happens when you convince people they are victims and that the police are the enemy.
I love how they show only black people in this video. I live in California and know for a fact that people of all races do this shit and there was plenty of other video from youtube to choose from showing this.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
I read it isn't just California but the whole of America. Even in red states and counties. It is because corporate would rather let the shoplifters go and catch them after to recover any losses than risk escalating a situation and potentially endanger lives and held to be liable for that. Employees can get reprimanded if they step up to stop such situations. The thieves are simply taking advantage of this dumb shit rule.

·
Registered
AVALONS #1 FAN/ AEW REVIEW BO$$
3,196 Posts
I love how they show only black people in this video. I live in California and know for a fact that people of all races do this shit and there was plenty of other video from youtube to choose from showing this.
White tweakers steal more then any other race in California......how is that reparations?
OP this comes off quite prejudice and frankly dumb.

·
Registered
Worship My Excrement
2,366 Posts
There has been an increase in property crime in LA. A lot of the stuff on my side of town is a couple miles south by the Metro Line where people have easier access to the Westside. Pretty quiet where we are but we as homeowners stay in close communication, have security cameras/systems, and private armed security driving yellow SUVs. One of my neighbors is a Chinese lady who's a little bit of a Karen but I think of her as an eagle eye for suspicious stuffs.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I live in California and its turning into shit with all the policies the retards come up with. California being so liberal is getting bit by its own retarded policies. They want to defund the police and give this people more rights. Also this isnt racist, if blacks are shown on the video looting you can see its the majority, but they end to have higher crime rate than any other race. Along with mexicans. Their you go California for enacting the most stupid propositions out their instead of improving we are going backwards....

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
11,270 Posts

You're asking too much of a racist OP to go digging for the truth, it doesn't fit his agenda.

·
Registered
680 Posts
All these anecdotal videos "shoplifters" are coordinated boosters/lifters rings . 99% of people aren't gonna go on shoplifting sprees, because while it's not a felony you can still get fined hundreds of dollars by your local municipality. Also most stores have videotapes so if you are a serial shoplifter they will build a file on you ,so stealing 100 dollars worth of items from 10 stores can get your ass clocked and sent to prison for years. The only place it is outright out of control in CA IS San Fran which is turning into an unliveable feudal system for various reasons.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts