Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Read Only
Bye
0 Posts
Re: Shocking attendance for last night's Raw in Houston

Shocking attendance, yet, it was probably one of the better crowds I've heard in the past few months. Really lively, most guys getting pretty decent pops, just go and listen to Big Shows. That Brock/Joe/Reigns segment had an awesome atmosphere.

Quantity isn't always everything.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Shocking attendance, yet, it was probably one of the better crowds I've heard in the past few months. Really lively, most guys getting pretty decent pops, just go and listen to Big Shows. That Brock/Joe/Reigns segment had an awesome atmosphere.

That segment between Joe, Lesnar and Roman was my favourite segment this year

The intensity between Joe and lesnar was awesome and badass ....Samoa Joe looked like a top star last night

·
Banned
9,176 Posts

It is if you want to make Money without having to eliminate pyro.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts

What? It means everything in this business to sell out a large crowd. This is the most well known Professional Wrestling company on the planet, they should be drawing more asses in seats for their flagship program. You want to be able to sell tickets. Putting on a show with 1/3 of the seats not sold is certainly a disaster.

·
Master of karate and friendship for everyone!
1,120 Posts

It is if your goal is to make money.

·
Read Only
Bye
0 Posts

You guys misinterpreted what I was saying, I was more referring to the atmosphere more than anything. I've seen filled crowds that are dead as fuck.

Also, this is one RAW attendance. I thought the show was pretty good last night, there's enough happening right now to get people interested IMO. At least I'm intrigued again, and will be tuning in to next week's RAW. If the attendance is like this for multiple weeks, then sure, it might be time for them to start worrying. As long as they keep putting good shows on, I don't think they need to worry. It's the build towards SummerSlam, essentially the second Mania, so they may actually start giving a fuck again.

·
tombstone blues
14,292 Posts

this not close to sold out crowd even gave r truth a more than decent "WHATSUP?" :lmao

Reactions: Arya Dark

·
Registered
9,515 Posts

Despite this, they were lively for Samoa Joe and seeing him interact with Brock Lesnar. Oh and I guess Roman Reigns was there too. Product is just all around cold. Yeah, Samoa Joe is a made man and that segment last night was probably the best all year but that's just one segment. Product just sucks.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts

You guys misinterpreted what I was saying, I was more referring to the atmosphere more than anything. I've seen filled crowds that are dead as fuck.
You think Vince gives a shit about atmosphere? He sees those empty seats as lost money. I'm sure Vince would rather take a full crowd that's dead as fuck over last night.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts

Also, this is one RAW attendance. I thought the show was pretty good last night, there's enough happening right now to get people interested IMO. At least I'm intrigued again, and will be tuning in to next week's RAW. If the attendance is like this for multiple weeks, then sure, it might be time for them to start worrying. As long as they keep putting good shows on, I don't think they need to worry. It's the build towards SummerSlam, essentially the second Mania, so they may actually start giving a fuck again.
I see what you mean now. You're right the atmosphere does make the show.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts