Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a lot of slang words in our time. from the 70's "groovy" to the 90's "cool" to finally the newest word "diesel" and "shiznit" and/or shiznick.
My only question is how these words got into being? they had to come off of other words so where did they come from? and also it would be "cool" if you guys posted some slang words from your neck of the woods. I've already done mine, "diesel" is a word primarily used in Richmond,VA and/or by me and my brothers. So get to posting you lazy bums! (another slang word of my family, BUMS!)

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
How the fuck uses the the word diesel? That is the gayest "slang" word ever. As for slan I use here:

sick
ill
dope
GAF

as well as many other words, but shiznit is old times man.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
What are you trying to rant on slang? Don't be doing that shit, yo. These fucking words are hard. You know what I'm sayin' cuz...

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ (time to take Dragon to a Richmond city school) "Diesel" is a slang word used in richmond as a substitute for the 70's "groovy", the 80's "hip" and the 90's "cool". it is a combination of all 3 of em to make the word diesel. Diesel is the word most in VA use for something "awesome" or "beast" (<<< another favorite)
Ex. "This double cheeseburger is Diesel like a beast"
Ex.2 (for slow idiots) "Did you see him pull of that Diesel catch? That was SO diesel!"
Ex.3 (for even slower idiots) "When the braves signed Tim Hudson to a 4 year deal it was diesel to know that he was gonna be in the organization"

·
Don't Call it a Comeback
9,999 Posts
Deisel? The only times Ive heard deisel is as a type of feul Nash's old character and I believe a character on Thomas the Tank Engine.

In moderation some slang words can be dope. But its not ill when people use these shiznits in every sentence. That aint dope.

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
C...L...B said:
How the fuck uses the the word diesel? That is the gayest "slang" word ever. As for slan I use here:

sick
ill
dope
GAF

as well as many other words, but shiznit is old times man.
You think his terms are gay!! Kettle pot black and all that. WTF is GAF? Is it an acronym or what?

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Cowie said:
You think his terms are gay!! Kettle pot black and all that. WTF is GAF? Is it an acronym or what?
GAF is a word my friends and I made up cause we where bored of calling each other fags all the time so it's fag backwards.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Meh, I don't see how anyone can criticize slang. It speaks for cultures, ages groups and communities and if you don't like it it's most likely you're not a part of it to know how useful it can be. It's just expression of your culture and I think that's a positive.

·
L'Avvocato Del Diavolo
2,860 Posts
GAF = Gay As Fuck if I'm not mistaken.

Bear used as an adjective, for example "Ahhh mate I have bear cash!"

Actually, is that an adjective, because the person would be describing the amount of money he/she had...Flash?!

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
The only slang I use normally would be "sweet."

Any other times I use slang, I am kidding around... at this time, I can be seen saying the following:

Snap!
Tubular
Gnarly
Rad
Groovy
Bossanova

1 - 20 of 28 Posts