Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
I didn't even know Impact was in Canada.

He can work in WWE and have his kids in Canada. It's not like he's home most of the time anyway.
He started in NXT who are based in Orlando. Having his kids staying all the way up north in Canada while he lives and works all the way down south in Florida is odd. Not to say it ain't possible, but why not just have your family stay where you live? Also, he would be home for much more back in NXT due to the way their tapings work and without a large touring house show schedule.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Starting to think Nakamura is getting much more comfortable with life in the WWE and the style, wouldn't be surprised to see him get a push later in the year and move back towards the upper midcard or even wwe title picture if he stays on the blue brand which i think would be better.

·
Premium Member
43,960 Posts
That's cool that he'd put his kids and family over himself.

But as a fan, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed.

I loved him in NJPW and its a little sad to see what he is now. I just want Mufasa to appear in the sky before him and say "You are more than what you have become!"

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
People on this forum always undervalue money.
Weird,right? Almost like some people don't pay their own bills and/or have dependents.

People in life always overvalues it, it's what makes a large portion of you complete ass hats

Sigh.

Look,Nakamura is 39 and already put in some hard years in Japan getting stiffed to shit in the ring. He's in cruise control now. Plus as I mentioned,he has a family. Is he challenged in WWE? Hell no. Would AEW freshen his career up? Hell yes. But clearly he doesn't want that. He wants to provide for his family,take it easy standing on the apron in tag matches and get paid. WWE is a sure thing. AEW or NJPW would pay him well but he'll get pounded to shit again.

Even if AEW has a lighter schedule,health insurance,I'm sure Nakamura already weighed all that. Again he would get One Winged Angels as opposed to taking a few bumps and calling it a night.

For fucks sake,look at this guys face. That says it all.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
People in life always overvalues it, it's what makes a large portion of you complete ass hats
LOL calm down, friend.

I'm not giving my perspective on money. I'm just saying that people here always discards money as a factor when, in fact, we don't know what's the priority of each wrestler, what do they value most, what they want in life, etc.etc.etc.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I honestly think Nakamura wants to wind down, and WWE is the perfect place for that. Slower style, half assed matches and making loads of money. Easy days for Nakamura, I am pretty sure he's probably happy to be where he is.
No Question.

If this was 10 years younger Nak, he'd be probably kicking rocks. But he's at a different point in his career. Has people to think about other than himself and probably wants to ensure security and a better position for them.

No surprises here.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Nakamura may want to just do new things in his career instead of just having 5 star matches. It’s already known he wants to work on his English.

He might be okay doing tag matches and being in the midcard going for the US/IC title.

If it makes him happy, why complain?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Nah theres a wwe title reign push indicated in his contract thats why he stayed..he doesnt care if he jobbed out of the rest of his contract outside of the title reign

·
Is a Snit Head
22,152 Posts
This is a great time to have an expiring contract AND be content with your role in the WWE. They're afraid of people jumping ship so they're paying them more. Those new TV contracts start soon so they're going to be able to pay people more.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Making bank while making less effort sure sounds nice. If this puts him in a better financial situation then all the best to him. He's been dialing it for years even before he came to the WWE and I understand why he prefers WWE now.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts