Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
9,189 Posts
He's staying because of his family. He's not going to move them all back to Japan. It's either WWE or AEW.

AEW is still a possibility no matter what Meltzer says. The guy is wrong 85% of the time.

·
Registered
996 Posts
It may be just a job to him, but I do not think he's happy with his current position. I mean, he's a jobber in a trashy thrown together Tag Team that just loses all the time.

And if it was just money, the guys running AEW could probably easily pay him a lot more. Not so sure if he would be a draw, though.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Outside of his debut, Shinsuke has been a major disappointment to me. Even when he has a "good" match, we have to grade it on a curve and say, "well, it's good for Shin these days". If we really want to see the best of Nakamura, we have to replay the Zayn match a bunch of times or head over to NJPW World.

Given the level of effort/output from Nakamura over the past few years, he's not motivated from an artistic standpoint, it's purely financial. Just come in, do a couple of spots (especially if he's tagging with Rusev, who can carry the load) and get those big bucks.

·
Registered
22,380 Posts
Why would he stay with a company which has booked him straight into the ground year after year, and forces him to hold back in the ring because their 'wrestlers" can't keep up with Japanese style wrestling.

He either needs to go to AEW, or he needs to do a joint deal with ROH and New Japan.....

Hell Even Impact would be a better choice than WWE at this point.....
Maybe just maybe he doesn't think he's booked into the ground. Maybe just maybe his goal these days isn't to be one of the top focus of a promotion

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
Didn't we know, or I suppose hear/read, that this was his career twilight wind down gig?

Not really surprising he stayed if that was the case. Similar to Styles he's probably thinking about the long term post in-right aspect of signing.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
I really hope they have something decent in the future for Nakamura and Rusev too. Both are wasted talent that I'd rather see pushed than a lot of other guys.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,088 Posts
I remember reading that Ultimo Dragon wanted to stay in 2004 so this doesn't surprise me at all.

Must be rough in Japan.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Why would you want your kids to get the worst first world country education on the planet?
Because English. Japan absolutely sucks at teaching English and any Japanese having good English in their repetoire will have a pretty big advantage over other non-English speaking Japanese.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Money and Stability. Why else do you think he'd stay? Same reason AJ is staying.
You realize that AJ was making more money working ROH, New Japan, and the indies, and working fewer dates, then he makes from WWE right?

·
Angry at refs
3,131 Posts
Because English. Japan absolutely sucks at teaching English and any Japanese having good English in their repetoire will have a pretty big advantage over other non-English speaking Japanese.
I mean, you could go to Canada if you really need and get a better education while learning the language :shrug

21 - 40 of 60 Posts