Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ok, last one for sure, but tonight I've just had a few things come to mind to me and you guys here, are always great and very knowledgeable too in regards to these games and things, much more than I am for sure, hence why it's always great to share things with you guys and get some thoughts and vibes.

I do love these RPG type games also, like I got into Final Fantasy VII quite a bit at one point, surprisingly that's the only FF game I've actually got into, I may have played 8 a little but I don't think I hooked onto it the way I did with Final Fantasy VII, however one game I did hook onto big time was a game called Shining Force II, I kinda found this game way underrated as when I've mentioned it to people before, they've not really been aware of it and it's like, man, this game is awesome, you're missing out on a hidden gem here.

The story line in the game is fantastic, and the game is a pretty big game too, that I'm sure loads of you here would love to do and probably quite successfully most of you also, as I do get the vibe you guys are rerally good at these kinda games.

Here's a showcase of it, but honestly, if you haven't played this, then please do, you won't be disappointed I am sure and I would LOVE to hear some of you guys progress in regards to this also.

This review here, pretty much sums it up, PLEASE KINDLY WATCH THIS SHORT REVIEW as it shares my sentiments in regards to the game being one of the top 5 Sega games of all time.

You build up characters, you meet new characters and the game it really good strategically, see the review above and you'll see what I mean, it's fantastic!!!

A recent game that falls into this category too is Rainbow Moon, I'm sure many of you would love this also and again, is very, very underrated right now, it's pretty much a modern day Shining Force II really, but this game is so good, with a new one called Rainbow Skies coming this year also.

Anyway, thoughts, I would love to hear some thoughts and vibes in regards to this Shining Force II game, I really hope this topic picks up because this is honestly one of the most underrated games of all time I think and would love you guys to play this and complete it, as I think many of you would be awesome at this.​

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
I have this game on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (great collection, BTW). I haven't played enough of it to really give it an accurate assessment as the RPG I've been playing most on that collection has been Phantasy Star II. I would love for Sega to mine their old IPs with some quality games, but unfortunately, they don't seem to care. They didn't even localize the last Shining game that was released (for better or worse, since I've read middling reception surrounding it).

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have this game on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (great collection, BTW). I haven't played enough of it to really give it an accurate assessment as the RPG I've been playing most on that collection has been Phantasy Star II. I would love for Sega to mine their old IPs with some quality games, but unfortunately, they don't seem to care. They didn't even localize the last Shining game that was released (for better or worse, since I've read middling reception surrounding it).
Yeah it's on that also, which is great, its one of those games you would think wouldn't even be thought about to be on that collection, due to it being forgotten about basically, I think it was just a complete hidden gem, but I was so pleased to see that it was included on that Sega Genesis Collection also, it's so good.

Definitely play the game if you can, did you watch the review video in the OP, it's pretty spot on and the guy isn't exaggerating either, I found that video half way through writing my post here, so had no clue it was out there but he's absolutely right in regards to everything he says about this game.

It's definitely one of the best RPG games ever made and is massively, massively underrated, like the guy says, and I also agree, it's one of the top 5 Sega Genesis (or Megadrive) games ever made, and he's not wrong.

I'd love you guys here to play it because like I say, it's one of those games that I'm sure the majority of people here would love and be very good at, most of the people here are way better than I am at these games I think, so I reckon some of you would fly through this and enjoy it massively, I can't believe how underrated this game really is to be honest, it's like, it shouldn't be lol

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great game. It'd be even better if you could slaughter all of the Birdmen.
Yeah, have you managed to complete it? The game is completely underrated, you can see by this topic too, obviously people get into conversation with things they are familiar with, so I get that, but also if they don't look at things like this, it continues to be underrated.

Such a great game :)

·
Leaving em MESMERMIZED!!
2,897 Posts
love the Force series as a whole. hell, i still have the Cartridges.

Sega is planning on bringing some older series back, i HOPE Shining Force is one of them...

Streets Of Rage and a new Comix Zone would be nice too

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts

Ok, last one for sure, but tonight I've just had a few things come to mind to me and you guys here, are always great and very knowledgeable too in regards to these games and things, much more than I am for sure, hence why it's always great to share things with you guys and get some thoughts and vibes.

I do love these RPG type games also, like I got into Final Fantasy VII quite a bit at one point, surprisingly that's the only FF game I've actually got into, I may have played 8 a little but I don't think I hooked onto it the way I did with Final Fantasy VII, however one game I did hook onto big time was a game called Shining Force II, I kinda found this game way underrated as when I've mentioned it to people before, they've not really been aware of it and it's like, man, this game is awesome, you're missing out on a hidden gem here.

The story line in the game is fantastic, and the game is a pretty big game too, that I'm sure loads of you here would love to do and probably quite successfully most of you also, as I do get the vibe you guys are rerally good at these kinda games.

Here's a showcase of it, but honestly, if you haven't played this, then please do, you won't be disappointed I am sure and I would LOVE to hear some of you guys progress in regards to this also.

This review here, pretty much sums it up, PLEASE KINDLY WATCH THIS SHORT REVIEW as it shares my sentiments in regards to the game being one of the top 5 Sega games of all time.

You build up characters, you meet new characters and the game it really good strategically, see the review above and you'll see what I mean, it's fantastic!!!

A recent game that falls into this category too is Rainbow Moon, I'm sure many of you would love this also and again, is very, very underrated right now, it's pretty much a modern day Shining Force II really, but this game is so good, with a new one called Rainbow Skies coming this year also.

Anyway, thoughts, I would love to hear some thoughts and vibes in regards to this Shining Force II game, I really hope this topic picks up because this is honestly one of the most underrated games of all time I think and would love you guys to play this and complete it, as I think many of you would be awesome at this.​
One of my fall time favorites, it was such a great game

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Yeah, have you managed to complete it? The game is completely underrated, you can see by this topic too, obviously people get into conversation with things they are familiar with, so I get that, but also if they don't look at things like this, it continues to be underrated.

Such a great game :)
I've went from start to finish a few times. Besides that I've logged countless hours building up different characters and finding special items, characters, and what not.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of my fall time favorites, it was such a great game
Ace!!! It's so good ain't it, I'm so glad that there's been some responses to this, I get it that people talk about games they know about, as they have a lot more to say, but when games like this are ignored, it continues to stay underrated and it shouldn't be, cause it's so good and such a hidden gem, better than the majority of the popular games we talk about really, so it should be mentioned more, but glad you liked this also, have you managed to complete it too?

I've went from start to finish a few times. Besides that I've logged countless hours building up different characters and finding special items, characters, and what not.
Yeah, as above really in regards to this and the responses, I've not actually quite completed it though I've got through most of it and played it a few times also, however I do intend to complete it at some point, cause it's so good, and has so much play ability with it too, it's one of those games that you can just go back to and play again I think :)

Reactions: birthday_massacre

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
love the Force series as a whole. hell, i still have the Cartridges.

Sega is planning on bringing some older series back, i HOPE Shining Force is one of them...

Streets Of Rage and a new Comix Zone would be nice too
Oh really? I had no idea about this and yeah, I hope Shining Force is a part of this, I've only really played this one though I think I did briefly try the first one, however it was this one I got hooked on and addicted to straight away.

I hear you on Streets Of Rage and Comix Zone also, great little games, completed Streets Of Rage so many times, those twins man ... trying to hit them is hard haha, they're like The Bella Twins or something haha

Funny cause they have an Ultimate Warrior type dude in that game also lol

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
My brother introduced me to the original Shining Force when I was like 8. It was my introduction to the genre and I absolutely loved it. We never did find Shining Force II and that's a shame.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My brother introduced me to the original Shining Force when I was like 8. It was my introduction to the genre and I absolutely loved it. We never did find Shining Force II and that's a shame.
Oh really, that's ace, you really need to get hold of Shining Force II though, I can't describe how good it is and that review in the OP pretty much says it all, it's so good :)

As mentioned above, I think I only played Shining Force I briefly, however it was Shining Force II I got hooked on straight away and couldn't put it down at one point, one of the best games I have ever played!!

You really need to find a way to get hold of this if you can, it's on the Sega Collection if that's any help? :)

·
Leaving em MESMERMIZED!!
2,897 Posts
Oh really? I had no idea about this and yeah, I hope Shining Force is a part of this, I've only really played this one though I think I did briefly try the first one, however it was this one I got hooked on and addicted to straight away.

I hear you on Streets Of Rage and Comix Zone also, great little games, completed Streets Of Rage so many times, those twins man ... trying to hit them is hard haha, they're like The Bella Twins or something haha

Funny cause they have an Ultimate Warrior type dude in that game also lol
Abadede? He actually was based off the late Warrior. And a few characters were named after characters from Fist Of The North Star(Hokuto No Ken, and my alltime favorite anime)

And yes those twins were a pain, especially in SOR 3

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Abadede? He actually was based off the late Warrior. And a few characters were named after characters from Fist Of The North Star(Hokuto No Ken, and my alltime favorite anime)

And yes those twins were a pain, especially in SOR 3
Yeah, they take forever to beat cause you can just never hit them due to them jumping around all the time lol

I'm not sure of his name, is the name of the guy that looks like Warrior in the Streets Of Rage games?

I've heard of Fist Of The North Star but don't think I've seen it, a friend of mine used to be mad on Manga and I'm sure he used to watch this all the time. But have I got the right guy with the Warrior reference you mentioned?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts